Your thoughts on stay at home dads?

I feel like they're getting more and more common these days. I personally am not a fan.

1 Like

I work part time and am a stay at home dad the rest. I dont don't a problem with it. I like it.

El Bandito -

I feel like they're getting more and more common these days. I personally am not a fan.

Then tell your husband to get to work. 

5 Likes

If the financials work out for the family, good on him. 

Not surprising to hear it's becoming more common. Despite the "eQuAL pAy" nonsense, women earn more than men when you look at apples-to-apples comparisons.

1 Like

How others organize their family and budget is none of my business.

10 Likes

I work personally, but if is best financially and most of all the family dynamics are positively increased then best of luck.

What I think we should care about is if the kids in the home are being provided the best possible upbringing they can possible get. If a family feels the best chance of achieving that is for the dad to stay at home them it should be a thing that happens.

However what I do not agree with is if the dad uses his kids as an excuse to not provide for his household and wants to work less to be with his kids.

My friend is doing that now and I totally disagree. He struggles to pay bill's and uses his daughter as a excuse to not want to work when he knows they need money to get by.

He is a total beta.

4 Likes
BruteDion -

What I think we should care about is if the kids in the home are being provided the best possible upbringing they can possible get. If a family feels the best chance of achieving that is for the dad to stay at home them it should be a thing that happens.

However what I do not agree with is if the dad uses his kids as an excuse to not provide for his household and wants to work less to be with his kids.

My friend is doing that now and I totally disagree. He struggles to pay bill's and uses his daughter as a excuse to not want to work when he knows they need money to get by.

He is a total beta.

I think most of them are what you described in the 2nd part, at least the ones i've met were.

El Bandito -
BruteDion -

He is a total beta.

I think most of them are what you described in the 2nd part, at least the ones i've met were.

Yep, same for me. I have only met one stay at home dad that was because it was truly what's best for the home as his wife was a pretty alpha chick who made all the money they needed (Big Parma consultant) but had to jet around the world on a regular based to bring home the bacon.

My friend on the other hand has a 2year old daughter and hes a chef by trade. His GF is in school to become a some low paying career that women normally choose to take, I cant remember what it is. Something to do with plants. She only works part time and makes less then enough to cover her own bills. He does not work hard enough to support them and neither does she really but hes taking less and less hours to spend time with his daughter, ignoring the the fact they are struggling.

So he values his time more then the needs of the family.

1 Like
BonedByPicograms* -

Easiest job I ever had.

AMA

I always laugh when women say being a mother is "the hardest job in the world."

I feel like I would go fucking crazy. I work from home 1-2 days a week and I can feel the cabin fever setting in. 

I think they are luckier than they realize, but one day shit might get real they don't want to be starting a career at 40 

I would kill to be a stay at home dad!!!

OblongBox -
BonedByPicograms* -

Easiest job I ever had.

AMA

I always laugh when women say being a mother is "the hardest job in the world."

So does Bill Burr. I am one by circumstance, and it is better than any job I have ever had. It's easy as fuck. I am the bread winner and it's still the easiest thing I do all day. 

It's a fucking kid.

If my wife made tons of dough and I could have stayed home to play with the kids when they were too small to go to school, then hell yeah. I would have still been able to train and she would've still cooked and cleaned, right?

Stay at home Dad checking in!

I have worked from home for over a decade. It has its pluses and minuses. I have a 3 yr. old daughter and a 2 month old son that I watch, but my work schedule is flexible. I don't have to sit and work for an 8 hr stretch. I can drop the girl off at pre-school, play with my son, work while he naps, work at night when everyone is asleep is etc.

I'm lucky in that my mother in law is retired and helps out some too.

It's definitely hard some days, but in two years my daughter will be at school and all day and three years after that both of them. Having lots of friends with kids, I feel like mine benefit greatly from being with a parent most of the time as opposed to daycare.

1 Like
PeoriaBJJ - 

I would kill to be a stay at home dad!!!

You're a black belt dude....you got this

I used to know a guy who was one, his daughter is early 20's now and he still hasn't gone back to work yet.

Biggest scam on earth

1 Like

it's unnatural and a bad idea.

women think they want equality but the truth is that they don't respect someone that doesn't provide for them. if they're making all the money and dad is sitting at home there will be problems. the wife will definitely be looking for upgrades.

stay at home dads are a problem too. stay at home parents (usually moms) spend all day with each other because they don't have other shit to do. having a stay at home dad hanging out with a bunch of bored housewives is a recipe for infidelity. it's inevitable.

1 Like