Your tricks to get a puppy to stop biting/chewing.

My parents have a Lab/mixed puppy which is now around 8 weeks old. She is a chewing and biting machine. Any ideas or tricks that y'all have used to slow down her teeth. Phone Post 3.0

Chewing you or objects? A fake yelp (you can get a recording of one on your phone and play it) and then IGNORING HER for about five minutes can really do wonders for a hand biter. If you were playing with her, the toy goes on top of the refrigerator, and you go back to your business.

Puppies HATE being ignored--it's worse than a beating for them.

What always worked for me was putting my hand around the dog's snout and then kind of bopping my own hand (not hitting them) so it lightly jerks their head and of course saying no... 

We have a boxer/lab and a beagle, and have never really had a problem with them chewing. The key is to provide them toys of various textures. Bones, cloth, rubber, etc. When we'd find them (as puppies) chewing on something they shouldn't, the "No" command was given, and the item was immediately replaced with a toy of similar texture, then praise when they'd chew the correct item.

Now, the boxer/lab will not chew/eat anything unless we hand it to him and tell him it's ok, and the beagle just chews on her stuff.

If she's teething, take a washcloth and get it fairly damp and roll it up. Then put it in the freezer and once it's frozen, give it to the pup to chew on. They like the cold feeling on their gums and this will save your furniture. Phone Post 3.0

She chews on everything including hands. I spank her with newspaper and say NO! I also was told to grab her lower jaw firmly for a few seconds when she bites the hand.

Thanks for the app idea, Voted Up! Phone Post 3.0

Puppys chew.

Get her a bunch of toys to chew on. If she tries chewing something else, put the toy right in the puppies mouth. They need to chew to help their puppy teeth come out. 

Thanks for all the good advice, votes up too all. Phone Post 3.0

You should never stop a puppy from chewing, and negative reinforcement does not work with most dogs, especially puppies.

Put something spicy like Tabasco on what the dog is chewing Phone Post 3.0

At what age does the chewing typically stop? Phone Post 3.0

Sub'd for training advice on my demon spawn. Phone Post 3.0

Seedy Pea - We have a boxer/lab and a beagle, and have never really had a problem with them chewing. The key is to provide them toys of various textures. Bones, cloth, rubber, etc. When we'd find them (as puppies) chewing on something they shouldn't, the "No" command was given, and the item was immediately replaced with a toy of similar texture, then praise when they'd chew the correct item.

Now, the boxer/lab will not chew/eat anything unless we hand it to him and tell him it's ok, and the beagle just chews on her stuff.
Solid advice right here. Phone Post 3.0

Apple bitters Phone Post 3.0

Push your thumb down against the bottoms of it's mouth when it's biting you. Praise when it stops Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't hit, or raise a hand to your pup. It'll make it flinch later in life. A firm grasp of their snout and a loud NO BITE works after a bit of time. If your lab is alpha, it'll take a while. We used a squirt of lemon juice in their mouth when biting also. But, for sure, have one word or statement you use EVERY TIME you correct them. I have had Golden Retrievers for 40 years.... Message me if you need any more advise/help. Good luck!! Phone Post 3.0

stuff a toy in her mouth to show her what she is allowed to chew

when she chews anything else you can correct her, but at that age its easier to just redirect the bite

You can put a bunch of pennies in a plastic water bottle and shake it whenever you see them chewing on something. Usually scares them a little, then use whatever command you want for that. Its important to always follow up any action with the same verbal command for everyone in the house. Phone Post 3.0

HefX - At what age does the chewing typically stop? Phone Post 3.0
When they're trained to, if not it doesn't. Phone Post 3.0