Your UFC #1 Contender Matchups

I like Lagarto's style... good thread, too.

And, Jason McDonald will shock all you jerk bitches.

"Leben looked like Saddam..."

Thats funny.

I would agree with most of that list with a couple of exceptions:

WW: Right on, except Diego is above BJ. It hurts me to say this, but it is true.

MW: 1)Franklin 2)Marquardt 3)Swick. Lister and MacDonald are both up there but too close to choose between for number 4 spot. Leben, as much as I like the guy, isn't on the list. Lister really doesn't have a chane against Marquardt.

LHW: 1)Rampage, if he has a good performance against Eastman. Too soon to have the spot locked though. 2) Rashad, yes he is boring and not the most skilled fighter but you can't argue with results, the dude wins fights. 3) Tito 4)Jardine 5) Forrest

what no love for din at 155lb but do agree bj takes it at 155 and then 170

"McDonald was extremely lucky vs. Leben. He looked slow, plodding and old."

and Leben looked no better at all

churla has guillotined the correct

Franklin does not deserve another shot right away, He was demolished by Silva. If anything after the Lutter fight we should get to see some new blood in there.

And Cro Cop should automatically be put at #1 contender spot cause he is the #2 heavy in the world

I would put Marquardt as # 2 on your MW list. No way will Swick beat Marquardt. And ?? didn't Jardine just beat Griffin?

Swick has beaten better comp as of later though thats why he goes in
front of nate

Axl Foley,

How original!! Did you think that up all by yourself, or did you get some help from your 7th grade girlfriends at your slumber party tonight? Nice name by the way. Tell Taggart and Rosewood I said "hi". Lol.

cardboard guy,

"Is that "TUF n00b" shit even supposed to bother me?" Obviously it did.

"Statistics is also based on consistent wins over quality fighters. You know, who they beat, how, what point are you trying to make here? That you're dumb and don't understand what 'statistics' means?"

Apparently I do understand what statistics means, since you included my quote as part of the definition of statistics, you douche. Think before you write.

"Where the fuck does Bisping come in anyway? He'd be destroyed by Rashad. His wrestling is terrible and he's the most overrated fighter in TUF history. Rashad by GnP, Rd1. If that fight ever happens I'm laying $500 on Rashad."

Bisping has finished every professional fight he's had either by KO/TKO or submission. Rashad has made us suffer through multiple snoozefests in 5 of his last 6 fights with the exception of Jason Lambert. Big deal. Bisping and Rashad are both undefeated, so let's hope they match them up soon.

TTT

gomi should be in the ww or light weight list

"Apparently you don't because you argued what I responded in the first place."

So since I disagree with you about your skewed definition of statistics as it applies to contender status in MMA, I don't know what I'm talking about? First of all, my picks are my opinion, and no matter how pissed off you get about my lack of faith in Rashad Evans' skills, you can't make me change my mind no matter how many times you and your boyfriend "Manfromyard" try.

Second, if I'm so stupid, then enlighten me with your superior intellect, and explain to me in some detail what statistics means. Please and thank you. As far as I know, "statistics" means the collection, organization and interpretation of NUMERICAL data. Somehow I don't think the word "interpretation" in this definition suggests a complete analysis of the quality of each number compiled as it relates to the others, but I will probably be wrong on this according to you, and I could care less. These look like statistics to me:

Name Rashad Evans

Record 9 - 0 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)

Wins 2 (T)KOs (22.22%)
2 Submissions (22.22%)
5 Decisions (55.56%)