You've passed to side control and feeling great bu

t somehow you’ve left an arm between your opponent’s legs.

How do you get it out?

When I’m underneath in this situation I bicep crush or shin on bicep spider guard to re-guard.

When on top I don’t have a systematic way to remove it. Maybe there isn’t one.

For the sake of this question assume the person underneath is framing to keep you down low near the hips.

Sitting out improves the angle for pulling the arm free. Bernado shows this in his over/under passing videos.

vidavaletudo -

Sitting out improves the angle for pulling the arm free. Bernado shows this in his over/under passing videos.

I definitely sit out, bait the reverse triangle and weave my arm. I end up with my arm in all the time and that's how I free it. 

Your arm is between his legs and you're stuck on his hips?

Hard to really say you've "passed" here, friend.  You don't have control of his upper body, and he's got half of yours tied up.

In two months, the Gen Z's are gonna be calling this bottom position Lemur Guard and we're all gonna have to put up with 8000000000 youtube videos about it.

This is a common scenario when using the over/under pass. If I'm still low and haven't managed to gain any type of upper body control I will make sure my head is glued to the ground outside my opponents hip and pressure forward across his body as much as possible. This makes it extremely difficult for them to trap you in the reverse triangle, because they can't bring their leg around. I will then try to make my way up their body and if I'm high enough and still can't get my arm out, I can use my knee that's closes to their hips as a sort of wedge against their legs in order to extract my arms. 

Knee on belly and yank

Yes I guess it is really a “how do I complete the pass” question.

I generally sneak my knee on belly and yank out as described.

And now I think about it I usually leave it there after an over under pass. That’s where I can start changing to avoid it.

cross face, turn towards the hip, knee on hip an either yank out real fast or shake and yank

Bite them on the nipple or belly button. 

What if the belly button is an innie, not an outie?

checkuroil -

Knee on belly and yank

This

If it’s gi then get a good grip on his pants under his fat leg.  Then the moment he goes (inevitably) for the reverse triangle choke simply do a push-up and pin his hips to the ground as you lift your upper body past effective range. 

Or go knee on belly

Stephan Kesting -

If it’s gi then get a good grip on his pants under his fat leg.  Then the moment he goes (inevitably) for the reverse triangle choke simply do a push-up and pin his hips to the ground as you lift your upper body past effective range. 

Or go knee on belly

Seems easier to just bite the guy...no?

You actually don't need to remove your arm.

Just hold him in Side Control and ask, "Are you wearing a cup...? Sure doesn't feel like it."

He will remove your arm for you.

Gary Goodridge showed what to do in his fight with the Pedro.