Zercher Squats

I recently started doing Zercher squats in place of back squats after seeing Craig Smith do them on his site www.kiltedthrower.com.

And anybody who is banging Kara B. and lifts that much is okay in my book.

Well to make a long story short after two weeks and a bit of thought on my form off the floor I Zercher squatted 405 off the floor. And damn it was ugly and rounded backed but I finished the lift.

I finished up with 4 sets of 5 with 315 off of the high pins with a run around the block after every set and some heavy shrugs since I want me some big ole tarps.

But I've got to say that I feel like I've been hit by a freaking truck.

My quads, abs, calves, tarps, and my back from the shoulder blades down are sore as hell.

And I didn't use the tampon on the bar, just elbow sleeves.

Check out Craig S. on KiltedThrower.com Zercher squatting 605 off of hi pins.

I like the Zerchers as well but have never done more then Body Weight for sets of ten or so. I weigh about 175lbs.

TAKU

Hmm why is the website tiny? Anyone else have that problem?

Try this: 

http://www.kiltedthrower.com/index.swf

Just did some yesterday. Worked my way up from 185 to 225 with 5x10. No sleeves no tampon because I’m and idiot. Sore as fuck but my lower back doesn’t hurt like it normally does from back squats.

14 YEARS LATER

Jesus, blast from the past. Back when this used to be my favourite subforum and by far the best place on the the entire net for information and discussion on S&C.

Lol just noticed that. I searched zercher squat to see if there was already a thread. Sure enough there was. I was 15 then…

How’s your back these days, mule?