Zero interest in Whitaker vs Adessanya

Whitaker fight too seldom and has zero personality, and Israel came up too fast and his personality and background is too different from mine, so I cant really get invested in him. The fight will likely be great and I cant pick a winner to save my life, but level of excitement is meh. I cant be the only one?!

1 Like

I think the card overall is just a bit meh.

I agree. It’s not a card I’m hyped for, but will still watch.

1 Like

This card is going to be great. I suggest neither of you watch it. 

2 Likes

Mega pumped about the main event, but there should be some good scraps on the card as well. 

I'm a huge Whitaker fan as i'm an aussie

1 Like

I'm looking forward to main event but someone needs to help me being hyped for any other fights....

1 Like
Malvert the Janitor -

Agreed.  Haters gonna hate.  

3 Likes
Malvert the Janitor -

I pay for all the UFC and Fightpass, so I support all the fighters. I merely saying the backstory hasnt effected me alot.

Right. It's like boxing cards now.

Main event is off the charts. Not a betting fight. This is one to sit back and enjoy.

1 Like

Adesanya has zero really good wins. Did everyone forget the Gastelum vs Weidman fight? Gastelum should be at 170. Costa and Romero would both rag doll Adesanya. Plus, he barely outstruck the undersized Gastelum. I think Whitaker beats the shit out of him unless he's still hurt. But I agree with OP, not a great fight and a terrible card.

Lorenthz -

Whitaker fight too seldom and has zero personality, and Israel came up too fast and his personality and background is too different from mine, so I cant really get invested in him. The fight will likely be great and I cant pick a winner to save my life, but level of excitement is meh. I cant be the only one?!

People like you are why the UFC has steered so far from sport to entertainment

This is the fight I'm most looking forward to this tear so far.

OP is an active participant in the alphabet community 

ggh - 

go back to WWE then, this is MMA, and we watch firstly for skills not for personality, this fight is the highest skill lvl fight we have seen in a long time ...

So glad someone with a 2018 start date is here to tell us to go back to WWE.

You know, there was a time when all the fighters were well-known guys without having to resort to pro-wrestling antics of Conor and Colby. That’s what most of us miss–fighters we’ve actually heard of. Now most of them are generic.

grandchampion - 

Main event is off the charts. Not a betting fight. This is one to sit back and enjoy.

Yeah. This is one of the highest level, hard to predict title fights in some time.

Been looking forward to this fight for awhile and will definitely be glued to the couch watching from the first prelim.

Lorenthz -
Malvert the Janitor -

I pay for all the UFC and Fightpass, so I support all the fighters. I merely saying the backstory hasnt effected me alot.

The back story? Maybe you'd prefer WWE or a nice soap opera.

Great thread 

1 Like

Kind of agree with OP. If Yoel fought either of them I would be a lot more hyped

Often it's the 'weak' cards that deliver big on entertainment value. If you're not excited about the main event I don't know what to say other than you don't seem to enjoy fighting.

It is a one fight card and I don''t want to wait thru boring fights all night to get to it.