Zero interest in Whitaker vs Adessanya

Two fantastic fighters with amazing skillsets about to step into the cage in front of the UFC's largest live gate (most likely), for a fight that also plays into the long and storied neighborly sports rivalry between New Zealand vs Australia (to a degree), but I'm not going to watch because 'their personalities' don't jive with me.

What     The      Fuck?

1 Like
grandchampion -

Main event is off the charts. Not a betting fight. This is one to sit back and enjoy.

All fucking day - THIS!

Not sure why mma fans have been bread to be such bitches for backstories and drama.

Georges did it right. Conor fucked things up, because although he was great at what he did in the earlier days, he took it over the top, and it became absurd. Also, Dana is to blame for encouraging fighters to create drama and act like jackasses in order to make themselves more marketable to the UFC.

Look to boxing........does Canelo have to act like a donkey to sell his fights? Does anyone say, I'm not going to watch Canelo vs GGG because Canelo lacks personality, and the backstory is shite? Nope. 

I just don't get the OP. Why would anybody not want to see this fight? It's a fantastic matchup between two exciting strikers at the top of the game. Weird thread man!

1 Like

op it's weird to start a thread saying you're not interested. lol you want us to talk you into it, you tease, honestly!

Soul Gravy - 
ggh - 

go back to WWE then, this is MMA, and we watch firstly for skills not for personality, this fight is the highest skill lvl fight we have seen in a long time ...

So glad someone with a 2018 start date is here to tell us to go back to WWE.

You know, there was a time when all the fighters were well-known guys without having to resort to pro-wrestling antics of Conor and Colby. That’s what most of us miss–fighters we’ve actually heard of. Now most of them are generic.

He’s been here since the dark ages but just decided to sign up last year.

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Soul Gravy -
ggh -

go back to WWE then, this is MMA, and we watch firstly for skills not for personality, this fight is the highest skill lvl fight we have seen in a long time ...

You know, there was a time when all the fighters were well-known guys without having to resort to pro-wrestling antics of Conor and Colby. That’s what most of us miss–fighters we’ve actually heard of. Now most of them are generic.

Image result for sushi cone

Rob never seems to be in a boring fight. I just hope he can finish Izzy so he can learn some humility.

Eskimo -

Adesanya has zero really good wins. Did everyone forget the Gastelum vs Weidman fight? Gastelum should be at 170. Costa and Romero would both rag doll Adesanya. Plus, he barely outstruck the undersized Gastelum. I think Whitaker beats the shit out of him unless he's still hurt. But I agree with OP, not a great fight and a terrible card.

Kind of agree here plus Whitaker has proved to be tough as nails. I got a good laugh at Rogan saying how great Gastelum would be at his 'natural' weight of 185. As good as Adesanya's striking looks i suspect its like Anderson Silva and when someone figures it out his fights will get much harder.

This really is a treat for fight fans. Kind of like Diaz vs Masvadel, it's just pure meat and potatoes for those who love a scrap and don't need the Bold and the Beautiful antics. 

I'm actually about to jump on a train to Melbourne and sit up nice and close! Still not convinced Whittaker is showing up though! 

I will say, and I am incredibly excited for this fight, that the rest of the card is absolutely terrible. UFC would have deserved the fallout if Izzy or Knuckles got hurt and had to pull out.

56,000 people there to see Raging Al v. Dan Hooker. LOL. At least Al would be able to sell some houses.

1 great fight, 1 good fight and the rest are barely undercard worthy. 

Main event about to begin. I bet OP is starting to get his wood on now!

Good then fuck off. You obviously don't like mma at the highest level. 

sgotwalks -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Soul Gravy -
ggh -

had some yesterday…icebergs included

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
sgotwalks -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Soul Gravy -
ggh -

had some yesterday…icebergs included

Where was my call homie…could have been there in 5 hours!

^lol you have cell service on the mountain now?

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - ^lol you have cell service on the mountain now?

land line. 355-2579