Zippo Lighters - TMA/TME

Captain Canuck - 
Thebonfirexm -

They are impossible to smoke a bowl with 

I don't smoke...so no issue for me.

You using it to light Tim Horton's on fire?

GenErick -
Captain Canuck - 
Thebonfirexm -

I don't smoke...so no issue for me.

You using it to light Tim Horton's on fire?

I suppose I could.

I mean, if they asked me to, I could use my new zippo to help them!

I guess I have to go buy fluid now, though. It's dry.

Since they finally put out their own torch insert, I've started using Zippos pretty much daily again. Their double torch does a great job on cigars. 

I need to get a nicer zippo case though. The ones I got are boring and I'm currently using a cheap old Sabbat bootleg zippo that is rusting.

Thebonfirexm -

You could get the pipe insert. 

Dont they use regular fluid and not butane?

Captain Canuck - 

This is like the one he gave me.

That one is a sign in the swinger community that you suck BBC.

They were a big deal in the 80s

1 Like

NiteProwleR -

Dont get the click burners or torches.  Spin head or gfym

I've been using the dual torch for a month. It's been flawless. 

I was given a Zippo Blu to evaluate years ago through a cigar event. That stupid wheel striker + torch was garbage. Fucker was a thumb killer.

Knew a dude in the Navy who used to put JP-5 in his Zippo. He'd get a flame about 6 inches high out of it. He used to love offering to light guys smokes for them.

pahulkster -

Made in PA. Reliable and easy to replace the parts so it will last forever. 

I have a Zippo pocket knife my grandfather carried forever. 

Bradford, PA... Case knives are out of there, too.

Way too many fakes out there.  You have to be careful.  Old friend of mine in Vegas used to get them from China and sell as authentic at a strip gift shop.  He was able to turn $2 in $40 at least 10 per day just from Zippo.  He had the limited edition ones and everything, I would never know the difference.  Be careful.  

ShanTheMan -

Dont they use regular fluid and not butane?

Yes fluid

I’ve only seen a few that do butane 

Don’t put one in a bug out bag thinking you’ll have a lighter when you need one.    They leak like crazy....after just week in a pack it won’t light shit.   That was a huge disappointment to learn this WW2 staple was a bigger piece of shit that a  dollar store bic in that regard.

1 Like

Nevermind

Captain Canuck - 
ABCTT_SENNIN -

They light stuff. They leak over time, make your smokes taste like fluid. But they last forever and look cool and you can do the little one handed light shit. Like yoyo tricks. 

I don't smoke but a friend just gave me his old zippo.

You really need to start smoking to get the most out of your Zippo.

A must have item. Especially in case Youre planning on having a cool action moment where you say a bad ass catchprase and throw it into a puddle of gasoline and slo mo walk away. 

3 Likes

Never use them on cigars so no for me