Zohydro: What could go wrong?

From the article:

A new, highly potent painkiller is out on the market – and many health experts want it gone.

The controversial drug is Zohydro, an extended-release painkiller containing the already widely used opioid, hydrocodone. Designed to release painkilling medication into the body slowly over a 12-hour period, Zohydro is available in doses as high as 50 milligrams – five times the amount found in similar immediate-release hydrocodone pills.

According to Zohydro’s manufacturer Zogenix Inc., the drug’s hallmark is its simplicity. Zohydro is the first painkiller to contain only hydrocodone, while other comparable drugs, such as Vicodin and Lortab, contain hydrocodone plus acetaminophen. The company claims that acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause of acute liver failure in the United States, and 63 percent of these cases are caused by hydrocodone-acetaminophen combination drugs. Zohydro is meant to provide pain relief without this threat of liver toxicity.

Good.  I believe that is the problem with most prescription pain medications in the USA.  The threat of liver toxicity. 

For later Phone Post 3.0

In for samples Phone Post 3.0

So this country has a bad pill popping habit and what do we do? Go ahead and approve a drug that chemically consist of the very thing people are getting addicted too. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - So this country has a bad pill popping habit and what do we do? Go ahead and approve a drug that chemically consist of the very thing people are getting addicted too. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, but it has less liver toxicity, so I can be addicted longer with less liver damage.

Now that's a good deal! Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan -

Where can I watch the complete video? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_sakurabas ear -
baj54 - So this country has a bad pill popping habit and what do we do? Go ahead and approve a drug that chemically consist of the very thing people are getting addicted too. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, but it has less liver toxicity, so I can be addicted longer with less liver damage.

Now that's a good deal! Phone Post 3.0
Or you can, you know, not abuse prescription painkillers. Phone Post 3.0

Hunter Thompson's .45 - Can you crush it up? If you can, a whole lot of people are going to die. Phone Post 3.0

To me, that's what "extended release" implies; crush that shit up and you get it all at once.

(I'm not a pill guy but that's what I've read.)

Dibs Phone Post 3.0

I took norco for a while after back surgery. If I took too much, approx more than 3 10/325 pills in a 24 hour period I'd get never ending hiccups. Hiccups because it depresses the hell out of your diaphragm and lungs. Meaning you can lose the ability to breathe for your self. 50mg is a great way to suffocate to death. Phone Post 3.0

Good. Its time they stopped over dosing people with Tylenol. Addicts are going to be addicts no matter what we do. A lot can function and still go to work and pay taxes so I don't give a shit if they take pills. There is something like 500mgs of Tylenol in most opiates so someone with a drug problem is taking 1000's upon 1000's of mgs a day causing permanent damage. At least with something like this they can kick the opiate habit without the life long liver damage, if that's what most of you are worried about. Besides we have Tylenol, why MUST we mix it other pills? Why not prescribe a pure opiate and give directions to take Tylenol as needed? I know I've had injuries and taken up to 4-5 tabs a day so something like 2500mgs of Tylenol that's gives me fucking heartburn. Phone Post 3.0

People are making a bigger deal about this then they should. First off it's basically hydrocodone which isn't as bad as oxycodone and their are already long and short acting oxy with nothing else in it. This will actually be an option to that for doctors that feel the patient needs more then 10mg of med at a time without having to take so much acetopmenophin Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - People are already addicted to hydros. It's a big deal because hydrocodone is much easier and less restrictive for doctors to prescribe than oxy. The pill, in its current form, also does not have safety features and can be crushed. And it's up to 10x more powerful than current hydrocodone, not 5. Phone Post 3.0
Is the sky falling yet? Phone Post 3.0

SMOKING MANHOLE - 
ShanTheMan -

Where can I watch the complete video? Phone Post 3.0

JACKASS movie

LakerUp -
Detachable Penis -
LakerUp - People are already addicted to hydros. It's a big deal because hydrocodone is much easier and less restrictive for doctors to prescribe than oxy. The pill, in its current form, also does not have safety features and can be crushed. And it's up to 10x more powerful than current hydrocodone, not 5. Phone Post 3.0
Is the sky falling yet? Phone Post 3.0
It is actually. The drug abuse problem in this country is ridiculous. Mosf prescriptions are unnecessary. The United States makes up only 4.6 percent of the world's population, but consumes 80 percent of its opioids -- and 99 percent of the world's hydrocodone.

Drug overdose is the LEADING cause of accidental death here, more problematic the traffic collisions.

The sky has been falling for a long time. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe me should regulate it more. Make it where its almost impossible to get opiates. Sure some people that need them will have to go without because they couldn't convince their doctor but it'll keep all these drug addicts from killing themselves..... I mean heroin is due for a comeback. Phone Post 3.0

Yea there is. You took away all the fun drugs and said we can't make any new drugs unless its for a medical purpose. So people wanna get fucked up and the only way is to go to the doctor and ask for these pills. They get the pills for cheap and can mark the price up to $7-10 a piece and make a little money. The majority of the pill users are not pill addicts. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - Opiate addiction spans the gamut-soccer moms, athletes, grandmothers, teenagers, junkies, doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers, and on and on. There are also myriad ways for people to use recreational drugs other than pills. And most are cheaper.

Yea because they are awesome Phone Post 3.0

"Most perscriptions are unnecessary", with all due respect that is an issue for medical professionals, not law enforcment, to decide.

Pain killers are never "nessecary", I mean there really no reason peole have to be sedated for surgery, but my god that's cruel.

There's no reason for people who really are living with chronic, severe pain to recieve any sort of treatment for it. No one dies because of pain....but they do commit suicide, and do become alcoholics or heroin addicts to self medicate.

Take pain killers away and the death rate of those with chronic pain will go up, WAY up.

Yes, some dumb asses will take 8 hydrocode with 4 shots of Wild Turkey and chase it with Xanex. I really dont think the deaths of these idiots who go out of their way to be stupid should determine if people with bone on bone arthritis, cancer or whatever recieve pain killers.