Zoloft / Sertraline not working anymore

So I take Sertraline for my anxiety and depression.  I have been taking it for 7 years or so, and before that off and on.  Seems lately that it just isnt helping like it used to.  Anyone take this and have this happen?

Do they have a higher dosage? If so i feel like they're going to up it for you. Phone Post 3.0

Zoloft is some heav shit.

Made me sick in the beginning.

Do you have cold and flu like symptoms?

What about fatigue?

killthetraitor -

So I take Sertraline for my anxiety and depression.  I have been taking it for 7 years or so, and before that off and on.  Seems lately that it just isnt helping like it used to.  Anyone take this and have this happen?

How well did it work with the anxiety ?? The doc just put me on buspar .. Mainly for my anxiety but also for mild depression .. Hoping it takes the edge of this facking anxiety .. Fuck anxiety is a bitch ! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Geoff G Electric - 
killthetraitor -

How well did it work with the anxiety ?? The doc just put me on buspar .. Mainly for my anxiety but also for mild depression .. Hoping it takes the edge of this facking anxiety .. Fuck anxiety is a bitch ! Phone Post 3.0

Therapy plus exercise will do more for you then any medication ever could.

SSRIs are like 50/50 either they will give you a shitload of side effects and make you suicidal or they will work and curb your anxiety for a few years before they stop working and you either have to double the dose or switch to another SSRI and try again.

I have no experience with buspar though it isn't an SSRI and I don't really know anything about it.

Its a never ending cycle. Once your current dosage fails to meet your needs, they put you on a higher dosage. Rinse and repeat.

You would be much better to get to the root source of your anxiety and fix that problem instead of continuing to be medicated.

Jamien604 -
TFK_Geoff G Electric - 
killthetraitor -

SSRIs are like 50/50 either they will give you a shitload of side effects and make you suicidal or they will work and curb your anxiety for a few years before they stop working and you either have to double the dose or switch to another SSRI and try again.

I have no experience with buspar though it isn't an SSRI and I don't really know anything about it.
Dude .. It's easy to say .. I run a small business and have 2 kids under 4 at home .. Exercise and meditation are almost impossible to come by at the moment .. I use to surf every morning .. It helped tremendously .. But it's almost impossible to make time for it right now . If I gotta take some pills to help for the time being , then so be it ! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Geoff G Electric - 
Jamien604 -
TFK_Geoff G Electric - 
killthetraitor -

Dude .. It's easy to say .. I run a small business and have 2 kids under 4 at home .. Exercise and meditation are almost impossible to come by at the moment .. I use to surf every morning .. It helped tremendously .. But it's almost impossible to make time for it right now . If I gotta take some pills to help for the time being , then so be it ! Phone Post 3.0

When I went through it, I had nobody relying on me so that was a positive in my favor. I had several panic attacks daily and it was pure hell.

I will tell you this though. Go outside 4-5 days a week or every day if you can and run hard for 15 minutes. A hard 15 minute run will do more for your anxiety then an easy 45 minute jog.

That's actually what started reducing my anxiety to a level where i could actually make it to therapy and get on the right path.

It's 15 minutes a day. You really need to prioritize it. For the sake of your mental health you need to prioritize it.

Stay on the medication though and give it a try, but if it doesn't work, don't up the dose, don't switch to a new medication that game is absolute hellll trust me.

Dan O'Connell - Do you have cold and flu like symptoms?

Yeah just feel down, and have a slight headache.  Cant seem to get out of my head.  Work helps to take the focus off but not for long.  Rough stough.  Ive been dealing with Anxiety since I was a kid.  I've tried Lexapro but I didnt like it, but that was years ago.  I spoke to my doctor he wants me to jump to 200mg.

TFK_Geoff G Electric - 
killthetraitor -

It worked great for the last few years.  Was definitely the best fit for me.  I am just wondering how the newer stuff differs.  

You're a black belt and on anti-depressants??

Whats the problem?

Have you seen a shrink? Maybe one that doesn't prescribe meds?

Are you lifting regularly and have you had your T levels checked?

killthetraitor -

Your body chemicals constantly change over time. Time for a change in regimen? Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic -
killthetraitor -

Your body chemicals constantly change over time. Time for a change in regimen? Phone Post 3.0
That's what I was thinking. I figured maybe I'm just getting older and its time for a change Phone Post 3.0