Zombie flick wishlist

If you could be granted a zombie ish movie with your own director... Actor... And source of virus who/what would they be.

My vote is for mat reeves as director. Planet of the apes 2014 was amazing and the sets were phenomenal. He obviously has knack for the post apocalyptic.

Tom cruise for actor. Cheesy albeit... I still think he'd kill it. Honestly I just feel like he's the best runner away from things in cinema lmao. If not for him war of the worlds would have been a big pile of dren

Lastly virus honestly wouldn't matter to me. Diddy kong flu, trt virus idgaf. Last of us ripoff would be cool too! Trust the fungus!!

So what would be your list biznatches?!

FRAT: Matt reeves, Tom de la cruz, idgaf
:) Phone Post 3.0

I'd settle for consistency. Too much lazy writing for zombie flicks. Phone Post 3.0

I used to really want to see a version of Romero's original day of the Dead script but now I am not so bothered. The whole genre is over saturated at the moment, mostly with subpar material. Unless there is a unique angle on it I probably wouldn't be interested. The whole zombie Apocalypse has become such main stream culture - it must be the horror hipster coming out in me.

I think Juan of the Dead was the last Z movie that I really enjoyed. Phone Post 3.0

A prime Arnold in a John McTerian film.... Phone Post 3.0

Not Prime or McTiernan but Arnie just mad a zombie film.
Though I think a Mark Lester / Commando/John Matrix Zombi film would be better. Phone Post 3.0

There's a reallllllly low budget zombie film called The Dead Next Door which I always thought would make a solid movie if there was a useable budget.

Director wise, maybe someone like James Wan? He'd keep it serious.

Actor... Jai Courtney seems to have a cool presence? Not sure. Phone Post 3.0

ferox - I used to really want to see a version of Romero's original day of the Dead script but now I am not so bothered. The whole genre is over saturated at the moment, mostly with subpar material. Unless there is a unique angle on it I probably wouldn't be interested. The whole zombie Apocalypse has become such main stream culture - it must be the horror hipster coming out in me.

I think Juan of the Dead was the last Z movie that I really enjoyed. Phone Post 3.0

Have to agree.

I remember reading some guy off of AOL's script for a sequel to Day of the Dead in the late 90s that he was trying to shop around.

Think Jurassic World with zombies. Humanity has walled off their existence and tourists/hunters take trips to the "wastelands" to kill zombies for sport. What could possibly go wrong, right?!?!?!?

Mel Gibson directing Daniel Day Lewis as a crusader during the 1204 Siege of Constantinople in the fourth crusade. The crusaders are sacking the city when zombies start rising from the dead.

Director: Zack Snyder

Actor: Chris Pratt

Source of virus: Viral infection sourced from a meteorite that Chris Pratts wife had been investigating. She develops a flu, fever and eventually dies only to have her corpse reanimate and attack their two children. Chriss Pratt kills his whole family but the infection has already begun to spread through other members of his wife's team. Phone Post 3.0