Zoom G2 Patches (guitar effects)?

Recently picked up a Zoom G2 (http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g2) multi-effects pedal. Got it for only $30 out the door and it is seriously like new. Still had the film over the screen, even. Pretty boss, imo. Suffers the from the same problem all digital multi-effects pedals have, namely the distortion can sound "fake" and "computery". But otherwise does a lot of really cool stuff.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend or has any good patches for it? You can find a ton online, of course. But who knows if they are any good, know what I mean? Looking for patches for...

AC/DC
Rush
Foo Fighters (both early, and good ones for everlong)

Also any tips or advice in general about this pedal or pedals like it.

Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Bump one time just to see if anyone wants to talk about multi-effects pedals at all. Doesn't even have to relate to my OP! Phone Post 3.0

wasn't that the one Metallica used on the justice album? Phone Post 3.0

tubuku01 - wasn't that the one Metallica used on the justice album? Phone Post 3.0

That would explain a lot for me. Something about the sound of that album turned me off, apart from "One".

I don't have a Zoom, but I have had a few Roland digital effects pedals, and OP is correct. They're a very handy compromise. Awesome for practice and maybe even gigging, but some of the effects inevitably wind up sounding too digital.

Right now, I'm using my iPhone and AmpKit as my multi-pedal. It's still far from perfect, but it's nice have so many options for effects algorithms.

Willybone -
tubuku01 - wasn't that the one Metallica used on the justice album? Phone Post 3.0

That would explain a lot for me. Something about the sound of that album turned me off, apart from "One".

I don't have a Zoom, but I have had a few Roland digital effects pedals, and OP is correct. They're a very handy compromise. Awesome for practice and maybe even gigging, but some of the effects inevitably wind up sounding too digital.

Right now, I'm using my iPhone and AmpKit as my multi-pedal. It's still far from perfect, but it's nice have so many options for effects algorithms.

Afaik, Zoom is mostly billed towards amateur musicians. Not sure many pros use them. But, they have a pretty good rep for their price point. Would be curious if anyone could confirm what Metallica used on the Black album, though.

One thing I'm confused about, if anyone using digital effects could chime in, is what exactly "compression" does and how to use it? Phone Post 3.0

SkantronZero - Subscribed. I want a multi effects peddle with the some basic shit like a flanger, phaser, auto wah, delay and reverb, and the cool backwards sound effect... can this do all of that for noodling around? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, and more. It also Amp models. But I haven't had it long enough to tell you how well it does everything yet. Preset effects are a mixed bag. Phone Post 3.0

Posted this on the Soundground a few days ago if you missed it:

I have one and used it a bit, but like you said the distortion is pretty lame. A HELL of a lot of FX on it, even the pitch shifting and harmonizing shit is crazy for something that price.

I forgot what I did to find out the best settings, but basically tried the suggested online recommendations and then tried to tweak it a bit to get it less "fizzy" with the distortion.

For practice stuff it's awesome. For rehearsals and live gigs...it won't cut it sadly.

Great little device that I really love, have fun with it.

What I really ought to do is set everything to zero and start checking out exactly what effects and settings do what. But I barely have the time to play as it is! That's why I'm mostly looking for patches people have already come up with. Phone Post 3.0

Jman, you have the same Zoom G2? Phone Post 3.0