Zoomers will never understand...

Just tossing a giant television right on the floor.
No media stand or wall mount - just a living room full of people looking towards the ground at a CRT TV.

I've never seen a flat screen TV on the ground in my life. If I saw someone do that, I would assume they're a fugitive or recovering meth addict.

I grew up watch on old Zenith. Something like this

What piece of furnature could possibly support them?

I bet that console TV is rocking a couple of 6x9s.

Clinking through channels

Ppl who started buying cable damned us all

RocG -

You're not wrong. Some of those rocked the Delco speakers that were in Pontiacs.

haha...yeah man... i'm with ya... *looks over at flatscreen sitting on the ground 4 feet from me*.

Jack Carter -

We had something similar. The entire lid lifted up, and 1 side was a radio and 1 side a record player with album storage in the middle.

Yes, we were high falutin

1 Like
Jack Carter -

I watched UFC 1 on a set just like that. 

Mark

Curtis Mathes was THE big wooden console tv set brand.

Whambo -

haha...yeah man... i'm with ya... *looks over at flatscreen sitting on the ground 4 feet from me*.

Gtfo

I'm not aiding and embedding a fugitive in this thread

Mark1 - 
Jack Carter -

I watched UFC 1 on a set just like that. 

Mark

Damn, I believe I did too on that exact model, via a bootleg VHS in a top loading VCR.

RocG -

They WERE furniture

Back when"the clicker" was actually a goddam clicker!

Imagine a 20year old beat up cabinet tv

+ vice grips and you have every tv I had in my 20s.

I grew up with one of those Stereo Cabinets. Huge piece of furniture with sliding panels on the top that hid the radio tuner, turntable, and LP storage cabinet... Hilarious. I think my mother still has it and a console TV. She tried to pawn the console TV off on me a number of years back. LOL

"Who would ever pay for TV?"

Me-1975

holly9000 - "Who would ever pay for TV?"

Me-1975

Exactly. They we're like "leave a penny, take a penny" on corners lol.

He'll... In Gunnison around 06 I actually bought my first tv. I'd ALWAYS had free ones, ones a roommate just left, etc. I bought a cheap Visio and I would just look at it in disbelief. Literally rearranged my living room because I didn't have to have a big table to hold up a big heavy box.

I put the old one out on the corner, with the remote, and a big note that said "Works!". It was gone in 20 minutes.

Who's zoomin' who?

That's what I want to know.

Also wtf is a Zoomer?

I believe I have achieved this myth of legend. Not for long of course. But when I moved into a new apartment, once for a week maybe, once for a month or so.

Had my clothes, a PS4 , a TV, a shredder, a sleeping bag, and a bean bag to sit on. 

Iirc a colleague mocked my set up so I went out and got a whole bedroom and living room set to show them who's boss