ZST results?

EVILYOSHIDA: That sucks if true. I read somewhere that it was an even fight when the cut stoppage occurred, but obviously we'll all have to see the fight for ourselves to truly judge the fight.

Regardless, good win for Aurelio. If there's any controversy I hope they put in a rematch.

They should have Tokoro get rematches with J-Taro Takita & TAISHO....I think he would definitely beat Takita right now, but TAISHO would be a tough fight. Love to see either happen.

"the Thais have come to Japan and tried to be successful using only Muay Thai training...they have failed miserbly"

Not entirely true. Rambaa/Lumber/Somdet (Whatever you want to call him) did some grappling training for his MMA matches. I think Naoya Uematsu was in his corner for all of his fights in MMA.

Also, they have a BJJ school in Thailand. It'll probably take a bit of time for the Thais to get acquainted with the ground game, and it's questionable how many of them will get into MMA when muay thai is their national sport.

daimon. According to Gryphon, the cut occured by an illegal headbutt, but later fighting made it bloody so that prevented it from being a no contest.

Honestly though, Aurelio is on top right now. He would have won regardless IMO.

ttt for ZST

"They should have Tokoro get rematches with J-Taro Takita & TAISHO....I think he would definitely beat Takita right now, but TAISHO would be a tough fight. Love to see either happen."

Tokoro already beat Takita (the FCF database is WRONG!). The cut didn't even seem that bad, it wasn't in a bad place, and it was only like 90 seconds into the fight, but a rematch is pointless. Takita has done nothing impressive since (except provide the worst ring entrances of all time, over and over), and Tokoro has become a star.

A Tokoro/Taisho rematch, however, would be great to see. That first fight was stopped way too early, and even Taisho looked surprised.

Thanks for the correction on Takita-Tokoro. I had seen the fight, but it was back when I didn't pay much attention to either fighter so over time I just assumed the fcf database was correct on that one.

I need to watch the fight again!

"Takita has done nothing impressive since"

Well, I don't think even a loss to Tokoro was that impressive, unless the fight was on even terms. Again, I'd have to re-watch the fight.

The only real impressive thing on Takita's resume is probably his win over Nukinpo!....But it remains to be seen how good Nukinpo! is. I was impressed with his win over Mitsuo Matsumoto (If it's the same guy from Shooto, I believe it is). I'm watching out for Nukinpo! in the Neo-Blood Tournament.

"(except provide the worst ring entrances of all time, over and over)"

Jealousy will get you nowhere!

Takita does provide something other than his demented ring entrances....He also provides us with a view of that bizarre looking head/face of his. He's one strange looking dude.