Zuckerberg Responds To Ebola Charity Skeptic

lol

Ha! Phone Post 3.0

That kid probably killed himself. Phone Post 3.0

He's trolling.

OblongBox - 

He's trolling.

yup, but the troll got destroyed by zuckerberg

He could have also mentioned that Pepe Pepe Pepe should use his actual name for his FB account. I hate those people in my friend list with silly usernames.

lmao

With all the corruption and disingenuous stuff in the world (especially coming from big bus and gov) the dude is right to "question authority, man" (especially big bus and gov) and/or even to be a bit cynical and jaded. Dude had a question and got an answer. Good for him. Now we know.

And yes ALL of these donations and campaigns do a lot of good in the world but I suspect there may be a hint of MARKETING going on in the form of "goodwill".

you know the Obamacare rule that forces health insurances to spend 75% of their income on their clients

there should be a rule that forces charities to give 75% of their donations to the cause they are supporting

rekt - you know the Obamacare rule that forces health insurances to spend 75% of their income on their clients

there should be a rule that forces charities to give 75% of their donations to the cause they are supporting

Define "give to".

Think about breast cancer and how much money goes to their fucking awareness campaigns.

Everybody already knows about breast cancer, but is it just to make more shirts and give more money to the NFL?

Same thing with livestrong, early on they shut down their research centers and basically became all awareness, paying people lots of money, developing shirts, etc, basically just expanding themselves as a corporation.

looks like a work to me

That was brutal Phone Post 3.0

Nice lol Phone Post 3.0

mmadotcomisufcdotcom - I think the guys question was in regards to how much of the charity money is Facebook actually using for the people affected.

You can donate a dollar and the charity only needs to use I think 20-30% on the actual cause. The rest can sit in the charity bank account or be used for "expenses."

So the question is, out of that $25 million, how many million was used and how many millions continue to sit in Zuckerbergs new personal "charity" account.

First class trips to Africa are likely in someone's near future, but hey, its for charity!

^^

This is correct. It doesn't matter how much Facebook ultimately gives to the region, if it's only a small percentage of the total donations. If they give 10% out of $100 million in donations, I would still consider that crooked despite the "millions" in donations.

Zuckerberg's post wasn't exactly a complete picture of where the funds are being spent. Pepe's question still stands, IMO.

XIII - He could have also mentioned that Pepe Pepe Pepe should use his actual name for his FB account. I hate those people in my friend list with silly usernames.

Perhaps he is in a Latino Tone Tone Tone cover group?

Or a muhammad muhammad Phone Post 3.0

Kmonk - 
mmadotcomisufcdotcom - I think the guys question was in regards to how much of the charity money is Facebook actually using for the people affected.

You can donate a dollar and the charity only needs to use I think 20-30% on the actual cause. The rest can sit in the charity bank account or be used for "expenses."

So the question is, out of that $25 million, how many million was used and how many millions continue to sit in Zuckerbergs new personal "charity" account.

First class trips to Africa are likely in someone's near future, but hey, its for charity!

^^

This is correct. It doesn't matter how much Facebook ultimately gives to the region, if it's only a small percentage of the total donations. If they give 10% out of $100 million in donations, I would still consider that crooked despite the "millions" in donations.

Zuckerberg's post wasn't exactly a complete picture of where the funds are being spent. Pepe's question still stands, IMO.

Zuckerberg's donation went to the CDC foundation, which has a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator, with over 85% of funds raised going to programs, and less than 9% on administration, and about 5% on fund-raising efforts.

The Facebook donation program gives the option of donating to the International Medical Corps, Red Cross, or Save the Children.

The first two have 3 star ratings, the last, 4 stars. All 3 pass through about 90% of their funds to programs.

So the question no longer stands.

^^

That's good information, thanks for posting. But I didn't ask the question, Pepe did. And Zuckerberg's response didn't include that info.