Zuffa: How to get Penn back....

1.  Give him the $ he wants....If he wants HUghes type money then give it to him...

2.  Make him your new poster boy.  He's got the skills and he can handle himself very well..Promote the shit out of him....

3.  Give him the UFC 50 main event against none other then Royce Gracie......People will tune in just for Royce and to have BJ Penn beat him in that type of event would mean so much for the UFC and it's future.....

Arias

I do not think the ufc needs Penn. Just like when Pulver left, the ufc will go on.

Penn is not worth a ton of money to the UFC. He is a 155/170 pound fighter who sounds retarded in interviews. He is a great fighter, but it would be stupid for the UFC to pay him a ton of money.

The UFC gave Penn 3 title shots and were rumored to be considering a fight between him and Royce Gracie. Penn showed no loyalty to the UFC by fighting in another promotion while holding a UFC title. Zuffa did the right thing.

loyalty shouldn't be a one-way street...

UFC doesn't have he type of money to compete against pride or k1.

UFC will not match the steep money Penn makes from K1.

lets just say they cant come even close to those dollars.

pay him what they pay tank abbot

I wish Penn was there but with the UFC's budget, I'd much rather see Couture and Liddell.

I don't blame Zuffa for stripping Penn, but I do blame them for giving Penn the fight in the first place at the end of his contract.

However, I some how feel that BJ must have given his word that he would defend the belt if he won. Why else would Dana be so pissed?

Wasnt Hughes making $60,00 to show $60,000 to win?

thats $120,000.....not too far off...

I could be way off on number so someone can correct me

Reyes if you ever get to ufc i will boycott that event and not order it.

I agree with AGJ

What's this bullshit about being "loyal" to the UFC??? How about being loyal to yourself and trying to make a fucking living?! If someone has an opportunity to make a decent payday, they ought to be allowed to.

One reason this sport won't become mainstream IMHO is because the UFC doesn't promote fighters, they promote the UFC.

Look at boxing for instance. There's the WBC, WBA, IBF, etc..., but people buy the ppv for the fighters that are competing, not which organization happens to be promoting it.

Let's face it, only a select few fighters can make a decent living in this biz. The only ones making the big money are the promoters. Not that it's bad, that's just the way it is.

Of course losing Penn hurts the UFC (& they know that) but to go against company policy will only hurt the UFC even more in the long run.

hey manny ramirez... or whatever the hell your name is...

i'm pretty sure coming on an internet forum and refusing to take the caps-lock off isn't going to generate THAT much interest about you...

for instance... i won't lose any sleep if i never get to see you fight... in fact... i'm sure a lot of people actually would rather you just went away and were never heard from again... since you refuse to shut up and fight and would rather act like a 14 year old girl with an inferiority complex...

Sounds like a plan to me. They've gotta do something!?!

This has been happening for ages!!!!!! Stop crying over spilt milk...

Losing Busta' or even Barnett was a FAR more damaging event for UFC than losing Penn.

Like UFC is going to change their whole policy for one fighter.

They seriously do need title holders in each division very soon. You've got to start somewhere....

"UFC doesn't have he type of money to compete against pride or k1."

HE wasn't askign them to. Same with Pulver. THey jsut wanted to get paid from someone who could and were willing to take less fromt eh UFC in return for letting them make a living outside the UFC. The UFC refused. I'm tired of this "They don't have the money" BS. They have the money for Mir. Who the F*** is Mir? He's a medicore fighter making a ton of money. WHat has he done to deserve the money he's making? They have the money for Tank who can't win at all, Ken Shamrock, Tito etc... If they spent the money better they'd have the money for the right guys.

Manny Gayes coming to the ring...

*W.A.S.P.'s "I wanna be somebody"*

just LOL!