Zuffa pulled Sherdog credentials

lol @ UFC. This is exactly the reason why UFC taking over the market sucks. PETTINESS X 1 billion

"I can imagine MLS pulling ESPN's credentials for covering the premiership. Or NASCAR pulling si's creds because they covered a formula one event on their website."

yeah, Sherdog is exactly the same as ESPN and SI. come on

once Sherdog put the spolers for TUF on their main page, they basically made their bed with Zuffa. Its hard to feel sorry for them

"It's Sherdog. They've always been a rinky dink little "news" site, and they always will be.'

umm how is Sherdog rinky dink?

It is the #1 most visited MMA site in the world.

I don't like Sherdog either, but to say they have no influence is absurd.

"The UFC is clearly looking to surround themselves with media outlets that will act as a mouthpiece for the org;"

Yes. Yahoo and ESPN are full cooperators. I mean they declared Chuck as the #1 fighter in the world with no shame. UFC already owns the NSAC, so them having influence over the media is no surprise.

mafia tactics.

"Most internet MMA media is a fucking joke."

From what I have read the "legit" media like ESPN is an even bigger joke. I have not read one major internet media source taht said Chuck was the BEST absolute fighter in the world, "bar none" ESPN said that. If that's not a joke I don't know what is.

internet MMA media is the best, it's dynamic and is up to date, unlike print media.

"I really don't understand why people think it is acceptable for the UFC to deny credentials based on an organizations coverage of a competitor. Its not as though they were paid to cover K-1. The UFC is clearly looking to surround themselves with media outlets that will act as a mouthpiece for the org; what I don't get is why an MMA fan would be so eager to have independant coverage restricted, and to not have access to information about events other than the UFC."

1, we don't know that's why they pulled it, and I wouldn't take Sherdog's word for anything having to do with Zuffa

2, their coverage of the UFC was already biased and snotty anyway, you're acting like Sherdog is some paragon of fairness and in-depth reporting, when in fact its basically like a college newspaper about MMA. I've read some incredibly unprofessional things over there

the video interviews are great and there's some good coverage at Sherdog, but don't try to act like they're the New York Times of MMA or something. Its an over grown fan site, not a news organization

"To your second point, you need to realize that the results of virtually every reality show on the air get released by fansites at some point during their run- the reason being that the events shown took place months prior."

not before the first episode airs though. you know that was bullshit, don't even act like that's SOP. the point isn't whether or not it hurt the show, the point is that Sherdog was TRYING to hurt the show by putting it out there

they got mad that Zuffa stopped comping them tickets and they started trying to get back at them. and this is where it stands now.

I'm not saying Sherdog is the bad guy or anything like that, i'm just saying this didn't happen in a vaccuum. Ever since Zuffa stopped comping tickets for the internet media, Sherdog has been trying to passively aggressively cause trouble for them. Anyone that visits Sherdog once a week knows that's true

"once Sherdog put the spolers for TUF on their main page, they basically made their bed with Zuffa. Its hard to feel sorry for them"

You do realize Sherdog never did that? The spoilers were mentioned once during the radio show (with a warning). The spoilers were already all over the net at that point.

what was the point of putting it out there? because its "news"? you know they were doing it to get at Zuffa, that's the only reason for it

and its fine to say "spoilers" because you know there'll be 40 trolls putting the results in thread titles for the next 2 months. they got what they wanted out of it

"why would fans want coverage restricted?"

why would fans want unprofessional coverage to begin with? you've got ESPN and SI and Fox and CNN on the job now, why do we need Sherdog for MMA news?

i get better news off of MMA.tv than i ever did off Sherdog anyway. I mean some people are acting like we just got put in the dark about what's going on in MMA, and I don't see how one internet site more or less makes a difference

its a good point about the WEC, but to act like Sherdog is totally unbiased in the situation is ignoring the facts, imo

this site would be the number one competitor if they would hurry up with the fight finder.

looks like zuffa wants to be espn's partner and get sherdog out of the picture.

I have no loyalty at all to sherdog, they banned my beloved "Ultimate Farter" account there. BEST SCREEN NAME EVER MAN. I mean I was TUF and they took that away from me. I will never forgive.

dummmm

"how come nobody is ripping EvilMaster for posting this seasons finalist all over his blog before the first episode aired?"

evil master should not have press accreditation either then

yet another bullshit move

hey buddy,don't pull on my credentials......