Zulu Stickfighting and Battlefield Kali

A video showing similarities and differences between the two arts, including sparring footage of both. And, a very nice tactic shown in sparring. Enjoy!

hey Burton
good clip. it's the simple things that most don't appreciate. And that seems simple but IMO pretty effective. Thanks bro.

Very cool clip.

Pretty neat. I could see that type of misdirection being especially effective the longer a fight goes on--the opponent thinks he's getting your patterns down and then suddenly he's got incoming from a totally different angle.

imo! keep i mind Gents, this was spARRING FOR FUN. iF THAT WAS REAL IT WOULD END REAL FAST, THERE WOULD BE CLINCH AND GROUND. THAT MIS-DIRECTION IS IMMEDIATE TO CHOP THE HEAD ASAP.

TO TIRED TO FIX THE CAPS..

NEAT! Thank you for sharing that!

Sorry for the late response, but I was in Europe with almost no internet access. Thanks for the comments. The Zulus have time to set things up because their defense is so good, especially with that long defending stick in front. In stick to stick fighting, we may not have that much time. But keeping good distance and circling can give us time to avoid the entry and keep the fight at long distance, until we land a stunning blow.