Greatest fighters of all time

Here are my picks:

1. Anderson Silva - hands down the best and no one else even comes close to his streak of dominance. Beat guys without even trying his hardest.

2. Jon Jones - never been knocked out or submitted

3. GSP - only lost twice and avenged both losses. Took time off and came back moved up a weight division and won the title.

4. Fedor - 10 years without a loss.

2 Likes

Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
GSP
Demetrious Johnson
Khabib

Fedor isnt even a top 5 heavyweight of all time
Stipe
Daniel Cormier
Cain
JDS
Werdum

They all rank ahead of him

Anderson, GSP, Fedor, they’re all in for sure. Jones with a big asterisk. What Mighty Mouse did was pretty impressive.

For dominance in their time, I think I might throw Igor Vovchanchyn in there as well. Khabib too.

Why does Jones get an asterisk?

1 Like

Sometimes when I’m blue, as a thought experiment, I think about how much worse I could have it. I could be paralyzed, have had exceedingly bad parents get hit by a meteor, ect. I might add “I could be one of those people who think Cain and JDS are better than Fedor”

2 Likes

They are. They both won UFC gold and defended it twice. That’s more than what fedor did

Also all 3 of them in their primes, JDS and Cain both beat Fedor. By finish too

Good list. I have Andy as number 1 as well. He changed the game and noone has matched him in creativity yet.

I will never understand how he is compared to Jones or Adesanya, they are too rigid

1 Like

To me there’s something to the fact that there are multiple years he fought once or not at all during his reign. The consistency of being able to stay at the top like GSP or Anderson did adds to their greatness imo. It’s more impressive to me to defend 2-3 times a year then it is to come in once every few years and defend.

I don’t believe the UFC had the best division when Fedor was even in strikeforce, let alone Pride.

Barnett, Ricco, Randy, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski, Mir, Nog…these are the guys who were champions in the UFC during Fedor’s undefeated run from 01 to 09. To say Fedor wouldn’t have been able to win a title during that era seems laughable to me

5 Likes

lol at DJ. should add Nunes and take out Silva too

1 Like

Strikeforce vs UFC HW division was a tossup. Pride was obviously not just better, but almost like major leagues vs minor leagues. Way better.

Top all time… Jones is such a wild card. I see an argument for him anywhere in the top 4.

For me:

Fedor
GSP
Jones
Anderson

#5 is where I flip flop. Khabib? Aldo? Stipe? Cormier? MM? Probably Khabib.

2 Likes
  1. Tyson Fury
  2. Deontay Wilder

-the rest

Anderson is the best for me as he simply was the best fighter to watch whilst going on a great run. Pretty much two boring fights in a very long career (Maia and Diaz post decline).

Fedor for similar reasons as he was awesome to watch and never looked to coast. Went on an amazing run in the highest risk division until after his peak.

GSP and Jones closely follow because they could dictate the terms of the fight like no other and were dominant. Although Jones recently and GSP for many fights were very risk averse and horrible to watch. Many of their fights were about as interesting as Floyd or Woodley Vs those blogger clowns.

Khabib finished his career really well and cleaned up but wasn’t a long term champ.

The likes of DC belong in there although he lost to his biggest rivals in both HW and LHW. Hendo , Randy, Penn, Hughes etc have some great wins but many losses.

So for me the ones that really belong in the convo p4p greatest are

Anderson
Fedor
GSP
Jones
Khabib

Many other great fighters but only the above for me belong in a greatest discussion.

1 Like

Just when I thought you couldnt get more retarded… you post shit like this. Just wow. The level of retardation you have to have to post something like this is beyond orcus level. Go train at MTT, get a shower and a shave then get a fucking clue.

Simmer down

If Ciryl Gane is who I think he is, he’ll also be above Fedor very very soon. He’s already got UFC gold so that enough puts him in the convo since fedor never was man enough to enter the octagon. Lmao how sad

There is only one and his name is Anderson.

“never man enough to enter the octagon”

Holy cringe.

2 Likes

Fedor is #1.

I’ll let you guys argue the list after that…

2 Likes