Izzy/Vettori PPV reportedly gets 500K buys in the U.S

I know few ppl who usually doesnt watch ufc, mas vs nate fight, they even betted some money, same people didnt give a fuk then yzzy fights, only then it was versus yoel or costa

Fell asleep during the Izzy fight. He went from a very exciting fighter to boring in no time.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call him a ā€œpassive strikerā€ but I understand your sentiment. I wrote a long post in another thread in response to Wiggum where I mentioned Israelā€™s kickboxing game vs his MMA game. If you watch any of his kickboxing fights, heā€™s much more aggressive and pressure-based. Heā€™s always been a great counter striker but in MMA heā€™s transformed into almost a pure counter guy. I think it can be attributed to two things:

1. The cage vs the ring - with a cage when youā€™re backing up you can using it to your advantage in certain ways. The ropes in a ring donā€™t provide much support going backwards and canā€™t be used the same way as a fence. When youā€™re moving backwards you can use the fence to measure space, bounce off, change directions, and/or for attacks. Against the ropes in a ring you basically have two bouncy ropes behind you that bend and flop when you touch them. Not really any way to go but lateral. Israel uses the fence to his advantage - he baits guys into his counters knowing the cage is behind him then moves out of the way.

2. Wrestling and the clinch in MMA: his striking is more anti-wrestling based now. In kickboxing he had a more varied game of spinning attacks - turning side kicks, wheel kicks, tornado kicks, and more Tae Kwon Do style attacks. His offense now is still very diverse but just more focused on round kicks, straight punches and hook counters. He also uses his boxing less in MMA and is much more focused on keeping guys at range. If you look at his resume in MMA, youā€™ll notice that he is more aggressive against pure strikers that donā€™t pose the threat of a takedown.

I theorized that he just isnā€™t confident enough in his ground game to really flow freely offensively like he wants to. When he gets that confidence, he will hit a new level. With a guy like Anderson, he wanted to keep it standing. But if he got taken down he was confident in his ground game and had a black belt to fall back on. Israel is still learning jiu jitsu, so heā€™s just not there.

1 Like

Its mostly Nate bringing those numbers

1 Like

UG thinks if you not top 3, you cant bring numbers, nate is probably more popular as weed smoker then fighter