RIP Brian Gassaway

Super sad to hear. Brian was a great guy. RIP

2 Likes

A good fighter and seemed to be a good guy. Rest In Peace

Bummer

I had no idea Joe Slick passed away. How?

RIP to Joe and Brian.

Darrick : What was the journey that led you to competing in professional mixed martial arts?

Brian : I always have been competitive and was involved in sports growing up. So, this was a natural extension to my competitiveness.

Darrick : Who are a few of the people in the sport that you highly respect?

Brian : I guess if someone was to stand out, it would be Randy Couture. Although you know I do have respect for a lot of people for many different reasons. It could be because of their drive, skill, tenacity, power, or the way they carry themselves outside of the cage. There are a lot of good people involved in this sport.

Darrick : What brings you the most fulfillment out of martial arts?

Brian : I think it would be the ability to test myself physically as well as mentally.

Darrick : Any words of advice for other individuals looking to compete in MMA?

Brian : Practice, ice will be your best friend, practice, youā€™ll go through a few relationships - oh, and practice.

Darrick : What does a ā€œnormalā€ training session for you consist of?

Brian : I live an hour from my gym, damn it! I train twice a day, sometimes run, and go home. So, Iā€™m driving four hours a day. Still looking for a sponsor to give me a car. It depends on the day or time on whether we do ground or stand-up.

Darrick : Who is someone that greatly influenced you while growing up?

Brian : I would say my father. In terms of fighting, we would go to the city and people would always tell stories about him beating someoneā€™s ass.

Darrick : Outside of mixed martial arts, what are your other interests?

Brian : I like to read. Also, I used to be in a band and I can play guitar, bass, and drums.

Darrick : Tell us something about you that most people donā€™t know.

Brian : Iā€™m waiting for the day that Iā€™ll be that ā€œfat senseiā€ telling people to work out while eating a jelly donut.

Darrick : What is your oldest memory?

Brian : Getting in trouble for something I did.

Darrick : If you had 24 hours left to live, how would you spend that time?

Brian : I would spend the time with Mianda, Rashad, and my mom.

FOR OTHER EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS BY DARRICK PATRICK:

http://listography.com/darrickpatrick/interviews/darrick_patrick_interview_archives

You can also check out Brian Gassaway in the following places :

Official Brian Gassaway Facebook Site:

https://www.facebook.com/brian.gassaway

Brian Gassaway on Fight Finder:

Brian Gassaway Photo Gallery at Sherdog.com:

darrickdarrick patrickdaytonfightfighterfightingfightsinterviewinterviewsking of the cagekotcmixed martial artsmmanorthridgeohiopatrickufcultimate fighting championshipwecworld extreme cagefighting

4 Likes