Smolka Out vs O'Malley

If he’s a fraud then I’d like to be too.

1 Like

Sean O’Malley will fight at UFC 264 after all.

MMA Fighting confirmed with sources with knowledge of the new booking that a matchup between O’Malley (13-1) and UFC newcomer Kris Moutinho (9-4) is being targeted for next Saturday’s pay-per-view in Las Vegas. Moutinho steps in on short-notice for an injured Louis Smolka, following a number of high-profile fighters volunteering their services as a potential replacement to face O’Malley.

On Wednesday, O’Malley hinted that a matchup with Ricky Simon was a possibility, but later announced on a Twitch stream that he would be fighting Moutinho.

Moutinho has competed primarily for Classic Entertainment & Sports MMA. He has won two straight fights, most recently defeating Andrew Salas by third-round submission at a Cage Fury Fighting Championships show on May 28.

Is this a gimme fight? Plenty of guys on the roster available yet they go outside the promotion?

1 Like

Sometimes it just comes down to whose available and who can make the weight.

I’m sure they tried to find someone on the roster, but at the same time didn’t want to put O’Malley in with someone he can’t beat.

1 Like

LMAO

1 Like

Who??

1 Like

Wow literally everyone was asking to fight him.

1 Like

O’Malley claims Ricky Simon declined the fight because he couldn’t make weight, Simon fires back

No, I moved away from Vegas but I have several close friends there on the regular