What is Frank Shamrock up to these days?

I always wished he would’ve fought Sakuraba.

5 Likes

What an asshole to do that to the dog.
I never minded Frank as a fighter/commentator, but what he did with that dog is despicable

4 Likes

He’s Mexican, they don’t care about their dogs like most of us do.

2 Likes

It made TMZ and Inside Edition

And from what I was told back in 2013 someone who knew Frank personally said when Strikeforce sold, Frank had minority stake in the company, and took his money from the sale and invested it into some type of marijuana business venture. Supposedly he was doing really well. I have no idea about present day.

Chinese would never let a good meal go to waste! :cn:

3 Likes

He claims to have called security, which is most likely BS. The dog was found because a passerby notified the police days later. He was skiing in Aspen while the dog was alone, afraid, and probably starving. He never followed up wrt the dog if he did in fact call security.

He’s a shit human being.

5 Likes

That sounds effed up

look, can we all get past this? he needed to catch a plane and taking care of the dog had become inconvenient

1 Like

Then give it to a shelter.

Ive hung with hundreds of people in the mma community over the years in all types of orgs and Frank was easily one of the biggest pricks Ive met in the sport. This doesn’t surprise me at all

Guys like Chael, Shogun, Wand, DC, Rockhold, Stephens, Guida, Benavidez etc couldn’t be nicer. There are too many to list who are cool as shit. I met most of these guys a long ass time ago before any were champs, not sure what they’re like now

Look at his childhood. He didn’t have morals instilled in him at a young age & didn’t have a decent example until Bob. & that’s just a little too late for a lot of things. He can probably seem normal a lot or some of time but there’s probably pieces of really important stuff missing in there.

1 Like

Dealt with Frank a couple times back in the late 90’s when he was in the UFC. I couldn’t believe what a smug fucking douchebag he was. There’s confidence and then there’s just being an arrogant prick.

1 Like

Met Frank after one of the ufc events…he couldn’t have been nicer to me and friends.

Frank was one of the worst in gym performers ever. He tried to make an example of John Marsh(Frank didn’t know him) one time at a gym and Marsh destroyed him. As did Bohlander during their days from what I’ve heard most of AKA thought Baroni would beat him.

But Frank knew how to turn it on in the cage.

3 Likes

I’ve heard the same about Rampage. Of course, then there’s the guys who kill everyone in the gym and fail in a competition setting.

2 Likes

So interesting how that works

2 Likes

I remember asking Bohlander how their training went one time on here but I don’t really remember the answer. Think it kinda vague.

1 Like

He was touting the praises of cannibis and cbd when he was on Chaels podcast several years back. He was invested in the industry I believe.