13yr Old Wins Varsity State Championship In Wrestl

a_user_has_no_name_74 -
derekhart3 -

13 in 7th?? 

My daughter is 11 and in grade 6, she will be 12 in April.

He must have been born in the earlier months.

13 in gr7 is correct.

i was born in july and was 13 going into 8th.  kid could have been held back a grade or as mentioned, born in Nov - Jan.

a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Damn, my son is 8.5 years old and 120lbs. He's literally 2 heads taller than anyone in his gr3 with the exception of one girl who is bigger.

My daughter is 11, and is a bone rack, and still wieghs 97lbs.

99lbs seems small for 13yrs old.

120 pounds in 3rd grade is more of an outlier than 100 pounds in 7th grade. 

My daughter is in third grade. The largest boy in her can’t be more than 85 pounds. 

sage77 -
a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Damn, my son is 8.5 years old and 120lbs. He's literally 2 heads taller than anyone in his gr3 with the exception of one girl who is bigger.

My daughter is in third grade. The largest boy in her can’t be more than 85 pounds. 

his son also sounds like he’s on the big end of the curve.  this kid is probably short, lean, and muscular.

sage77 -
a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Agreed.

I'm 5'11'' and my older adult two sons both topped out at 5'8". I think for sure he will be the one to be taller than me. He's carrying a bit in the mid section, but his shoulders are twice as wide and as I said before he's a bout two heads taller. But the craziest thing is the girl in his that is both broader and taller than him. lol

"A 7th grader went through the bracket made up of presumably mostly juniors and seniors and didn’t have a single point scored against him is actually unbelievable.

You have to figure that somewhere during the tournament he had to face a returning District or Regional champion…and not a single point.

That is beyond amazing."

This kid could be the best ever.