155 GOAT poll

Rent free

Sport Mma GIF by UFC

It is some low IQ shit but let’s not pretend weed is some great performance enhancer that should be banned. If anything it made Nick worse, imagine how good he could be if he wasn’t a smoked-out retard.

2 Likes

You’re responding to a Diaz hater my guy lol do f waste your time

Submitting Gomi is a top 3 accomplishment of Nick but he won’t give him the credit :joy:

BJ Penn and Nick both submitted Gomi. Nick did it even quicker than BJ did. Everyone loves BJ but a lot don’t like Nick and can’t give him his due

Nick was arguably a top 2 LW in the world and could have dominated that division at that time so he had Chosen to

I went Bj, Khabib then Charlie. My love for BJ may be blinding my judgement but I can’t help it. I would put him first due to what he accomplished as a little guy. Also the guys he beat and when he beat them. I’ll admit the back end of his career is bad though.

This is the problem with a GOAT debate. People’s feelings get in the way. There’s not an actual bias way of coming up with it.

1 Like

Prime Khabib would murder prime Penn. as good as Penn’s BJJ was he would’ve never had an answer for Khabib’s grappling

1 Like

Prime BJ was pretty tough to take down and hold down. If BJ could have kept that fight standing for any appreciable % of time, he stands a great chance of KO’ing Khabib.

Question: who had better wrestling, takedowns, ground and pound? I know the techniques are a bit different today with snaking the legs and using the fence, but I’m still going with Matt Hughes. I think Matt Hughes would have beat the brakes off Khabib at Khabib’s own game. BJ Penn KO’ed that guy. How?

At minimum, BJ is a MUCH tougher fight for Khabib that people here are imagining. BJ was Sherk and Hughes’ kryptonite.

Khabib, Charles… the rest.

BJ isn’t even top 5.

1 Like

I should do another poll at some point and try to figure out who has the largest variance in their ranking. I’ll bet it’s BJ Penn, but I could also see it being someone like Randy or Chuck.

With 65 votes, we have Khabib at #1 for 40% of the vote, BJ at #1 for 35% of the vote, Charles at 25%. Anecdotally… Khabib and BJ have fluctuated back and forth several times over the course of those 65 votes. I’m also surprised to see Charles as high as 25%. What that tells me is that with a couple more wins he could probably easily capture the GOAT spot… and this is plausible since he’s on a 11-12 fight win streak.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does against Islam. If he smokes him I have a feeling he’ll capture the #1 spot by converting some of the Khabib loyalists.

… I wonder what it would take to convert a BJ loyalist.

Yeah, I dunno. I’m second guessing my analysis now.

If a quarter of the Khabib loyalists convert to Charles, that’ll take Charles up by 10% to 35% to tie with BJ. But it’d only take Khabib down to 30.

What that says is that it would take a full quarter of the Khabib fanboys to convert to Oliviera JUST TO MAKE IT REALLY REALLY CLOSE.

I’m not sure I see that happening in one or two fights. But I guess anything could happen.

The Frankie disrespect….

3 Likes

Frankie’s such an interesting guy. He’s got to be considered one of the greatest P4P ever, but I’m not sure I’d put him in the top 3 of any division all-time.

1 Like

What is used to determine p4p. Record , accomplishment. ?

Nothing is used. P4P discussions are even bigger of a mess than GOAT discussions, because with P4P, you’re comparing fighters of different weights. It’s a shit show… but it’s our shit show.

Ok, cool then

Khabib straight up savage with skills to match it. And the record. Levels above. Only thing that is disturbing me is hiss missed weight numerous times. Everything else is GOAT status.

Charles is scary right now, and with impressive resume. I am waiting for the Islam fight . That’s gone be a game changer.

Penn because he is BJ

KHABIB
CHARLES
PENN

Frankie deserves to be in the conversation.

Yeah, BJ never faced anyone with good wrestling or grappling…

Only Sherk, Joe Daddy, Florian, Hughes, Fitch, Diego, Renzo, Rodrigo Gracie, Frankie, Nick, Hall, Guida, and GSP.

I think you’re right, Hughes and Sherk and quite a few of BJ’s other opponents all match up quite favorably against Khabib. Is Khabib going to outwrestle Fitch or GSP? Is he going to keep up with the pace of Diego or Stevenson or Frankie or even Guida?

Except his quality of opponents.

1 Like

I think he faced the best he could,the only 2 he didn’t fought was Toni and Dariush.