155 GOAT poll

81 votes in and BJ and Khabib are within 1% of each other again.

damn overnight ballots, lol

I was emotionally invested in BJ’s fights during his prime years. Always exciting.

Like that new kid at school who, although smaller, takes no shit from bigger dudes.

So after 87 votes and 3-4 months of inactivity I closed the poll, here are the results.

BJ Khabib Charles
1st 38 38 24
2nd 35 38 27
3rd 27 24 49
Total Points 211 214 175

I calculated Total Points as 3 points for a 1st place vote, 2 points for a 2nd place vote, and 1 point for a 3rd place vote.

The final result is Khabib wins by 3 points, but it’s worth noting that that is only a 1% difference, which is SURELY within the margin of error for this poll. I’m happy to call it a tie with a slight edge for Khabib.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: 87 voters

/ur wrists

:joy::joy::joy:

Dana gave his list recently. Khabib wasn’t even top 6.

Casuals and Muslims

I’m not a casual or a Muslim and vote for Khabib.

Same for guys guys like GSP, Bas, C Joe, Ariel and half the UFC roster ect. who all have Khabib as GOAT or top of the list.

lol hiding behind Dana’s opinion of all people.

New lows.

There’s a frequent criticism of GOAT talk–that it’s a strong reflection of recency bias, i.e., guys who have fought more recently get an unfair amount of shine.

So that’s the point I was trying to make. Just pointing out how Dana’s view of Khabib has obviously shifted. Maybe all the Khabib GOAT talk was just recency bias, and now that things have cooled off a bit, people have realized that Khabib wasn’t really that special. He probably belongs in the GOAT conversation, but by no means does he run away with the title. At best it’s going to be an endless argument, which is what I think we’re seeing play out right now.