$180,000 - Pride OWGP

Yeah that's why I made this thread because I am curious about the truth, we all have to speculate because we don't know. Obviously I shouldn't be surprised that there will be people who want to come postulate the Pride is like an angel and treats everyone great. It's another corporation like the UFC that's in business to make profits for themselves. We all know that the UFC is stiffing fighters every show, if we knew more about the practices of Pride we might find out some surprising things about them too.

silva was making 350k a fight in his last contract

Given the revenue that Pride brings in, from ticket sales, sponserships, and TV deals, them paying a guy 30k to fight is probably not much better than UFC giving a guy 8 or 10 thousand.

We don't know what most of the competitors are getting paid in Pride so quit speculating.

I know Kid Yamamoto won 90 grand for winning the lightweight tourney at K1 Hero's.

If you think Cro Cop is making a million a fight your insane.

I love Pride too, I'm just not going to come on here and make things up and then act like I'm speaking the truth. Everyone who does this just comes off looking stupid.

Agreed Attjack.

My comment on Kid making 90 grand is based on the amount of the check he was given in the ring after stopping Genki.

Ehm, if i remember Wanderlais last interview, he was asked about the money, and someone quoted the 350-400k figure. Wanderlai said that he'd mentioned that number a long time ago, and now he was making much more. That coupled with the fact that i'm sure that advertising/endorsement deals in Japan for the big boys are bigger (and more of them).

As well as DOLE

The money fighters talk about in Pride is endorsements a lot of the time. There is WAYYYYY more money there for that than there is here. We all know mainstream advertisers love MMA and K-1 guys in Japan, and we all know that Xyience and Earl's Lube Service love them here. It seems to be catching up ad wise in the UFC though. It'll be great when they actually pay fighters to be spokespersons rather than plaster logos all over their junk.

Speaking of which, I can't believe we've all forgotten of the super whored gis of all of Carlson's fighters in the mid-late 90s. My GOD. Did he have a telemarketing company for that purpose or something?

it was reported all over Japan that Yoshida vs. Ogawa was a 4 million dollar payout total.

I'm guessing it was 2 mil, 2 mil.

If you could get back on topic EvilYoshida, that would be great, but thanks for trying to contribute anyway.

"I wish we could see what the salaries are for each of the fighters."

oh so you want to know the salaries for the average fighter? Pride doesn't disclose those. But I'm guessing that many of the bushido guys don't get paid much better than UFC.

Weird since Bushido is as good as regular Pride. But I bet your guess is right.

Chris Brennan made about 30 k per fight in Bushido. UFC offered him 5/5 I believe.

Still 6 times more than the UFC...

You would have to assume both organizations have the same opinion of him which would be a major assumption.

Weak argument imo

You're saying Yoshida is just as valuable to Pride and he would be to the UFC? Or that Pride is just as interested in Tito on their cards as the UFC is?

Why would Chris Brennan be 6 times more valuable for Pride than he would be for the UFC?

Why does Pride have Giant Silva on their cards? Why is the sky blue? I didn't know this was going to get so philosophical.