3 sport Thai champion

This is Yodsanan Fairtex. When I was at Sityodthong in 2000 my trainer was holding pads for me and a BMW came driving up and we stopped doing Muay Thai padwork. People said in respectful tones, Yodsanan. He got out smiled and waved at everybody, went to his trunk and got out his gear.

To my suprise, my trainer took off all his gear and put on boxing mitts. they warmed up a little bit and then I witnessed some of the fastest intense boxing padwork I’ve ever seen, head movement, etc. Different than floyd mayweather stuff. Thai Boxers seem to use head movement and is more of a mexican style. After it was over…

My trainer said, ‘that boxing’ you learning muay thai- velllly different. I had no idea I was working with the man who had trained Yodsanan since he was a boy. Man I wish I had had more time with him.

To my suprise, several years ago, he entered MMA in ONE. Being a WBC champ a stadium champ and ONE mma fighter, I’d say pretty fucking impressive. his fights are on youtube. he is a trainer today.

3 Likes