4 new bouts announced for One FC: Warrior Spirit

Really looking forward to seeing Subba again. He's had a really good start to his career, would be nice to see that momentum continue after this fight!

Lets hope the refereeing is more consistent this time. Last event left a horrible taste in my mouth, from Khim Dima's blatantly illegal strikes and the ref ordering standups from mount to appease the local crowd.

One FC has great potential otherwise. They just need to run it more like a professional organisation, right now things are so shady that nobody can take it seriously. Phone Post

Jesus, I wouldn't go so far as to call them shady. That's a pretty strong label to give someone or something.

Sure there were some major errors in reffing at the last event, but it's not they're the only organisation whose events have had major mistakes done by referees.

I hear you. I've been following One FC since the buzz over the first event. Its the spiritual successor to Pride, and I do want it to succeed but its been a cumulative thing.

The whole open guard rule fiasco.

The inconsistencies in enforcing rules.

Horrible refereeing by Yuji Shimada and the other refs.

I can cite many examples from individual fights. But its not just the fights, its also the decisions the company makes as a whole. I've heard about pay, fighter welfare, fairness and transparency issues.

For sure, you do see these issues in other organisations as well. But the point is there is a lot of room for improvement, and the last event reeked of unprofessionalism. There is an "Elite XC" flavor going on which you'd have to be blind not to notice.

Respectfully. Love the event, want it to do well, but the truth has to be said. Phone Post

cm81 - 

I hear you. I've been following One FC since the buzz over the first event. Its the spiritual successor to Pride, and I do want it to succeed but its been a cumulative thing.

I can cite many examples from individual fights. But its not just the fights, its also the decisions the company makes as a whole. I've heard about pay, fighter welfare, fairness and transparency issues.

For sure, you do see these issues in other organisations as well. But the point is there is a lot of room for improvement, and the last event reeked of unprofessionalism. There is an "Elite XC" flavor going on which you'd have to be blind not to notice.

Respectfully. Love the event, want it to do well, but the truth has to be said. Phone Post

open guard rule? you mean "open attack" rule? good they learned from their mistakes then?

Unclemac1 -
cm81 -  I hear you. I've been following One FC since the buzz over the first event. Its the spiritual successor to Pride, and I do want it to succeed but its been a cumulative thing.

open guard rule? you mean "open attack" rule? good they learned from their mistakes then?

Its referred to as the "open guard" rule, smarty pants. Phone Post

cm81 - 

True. There have been a number of visible teething issues, that's for sure.

I'm not read up on the pay, welfare and transparency issues, but I'd be interested to hear about what that's all about.

And there certainly is heaps of room for improvement, just like there is for pretty much all organisations in their infancy. Hopefully they are able to improve as time goes on, they have the fan base there but they do need to constantly be better if they're going to keep it.

cm81 - 
Unclemac1 -
cm81 -  I hear you. I've been following One FC since the buzz over the first event. Its the spiritual successor to Pride, and I do want it to succeed but its been a cumulative thing.

smarty pants? it was a serious question...i never heard of the "open guard" rule,

Unclemac1 -
cm81 - 
Unclemac1 -

smarty pants? it was a serious question...i never heard of the "open guard" rule,

Sorry bro, my bad.

The "open guard" rule/ref command was first used in Cage Rage (IIRC) in the UK.

One FC adopted it for its earlier events, with some negative consequences (Huerta) and inconsistent enforcement (Baroni vs Ribeiro, Moreira vs Huerta got off, but Wiratchai and Arlovski got no-contests instead of wins).

It has to be said that the current ruleset is entertaining and way less ambigious. Phone Post

ok, then its the rule i was thinking about. i thought they called it the "open attack" rule.