42 Omoplata Finishes and Combos In Less Than 10 Minutes by Jason Scully

Hey all, here is a new “Jiu Jitsu in Minutes” video from my new channel. Hope you enjoy. If you like these types of videos it would be awesome if you subscribe, like, and comment on my new channel. It’ll help me and the grappling world out lol.

Thanks for watching!
Jason Scully

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I haven’t watched it yet but I will. Between arm bars from guard, triangles, and omoplatas I am best at arm bars, then triangles, then omoplatas. I want to get good at all of them since they play off one another. Your video will help me.

I’m just terrible at omoplatas.

1 Like

Subbed

1 Like

Thank you!

I love all your stuff Jason. I have for years.

But the Omoplata is one of the least effective submissions around and usually just leads to sweeps which cause 50/50 scrambles.

But the video had some really interesting stuff.

Which submissions from guard do you think are worthwhile and how would you rank them?

1. Armbar

2. Triangle

3. Kimura

4. Guillotine

???

Omoplatas can lead to sweeps, mounted triangles, bicep slicers and filthy wristlocks when executed correctly, as well as finishing the shoulder lock and armlock. I rarely get into a scramble from the sweep, particularly in the gi.

1 Like

Scrambles are just positions we aren’t familiar with yet.

the force rock GIF

Hey, thank you. That’s basically why 90% of the video wasn’t even an omaplata finish lol.

Also yes, the basic omoplata is a shit submission for most people however the crucifix omoplata is a killer submission. If focused on, it has a very effective finish rate.

Also I don’t really end up in 50/50 scrambles so much with omoplatas. Usually I’ll end up with the advantage in the scramble if it happens.

I agree with the GI. I was referring moreso to no-Gi. But I do agree with your point.

As a wrestler, I tend to disagree.

Yes I definitely saw that from the video. ANd again I have loved your stuff for years.

I’ve just always felt from experience that Omoplatas were only great to trasitioning to sweeps and not transitioning to the next submission.

You showed some very interesting transitions though.