42+ year old active fighters still ranked in the top 25 in the world

I really hope romero doesnt hurt manhoef. I dont think this is going to be competitive, and i hope im wrong.

Yeah I agree, don’t think it will be competitive at all.

TK is another fighter who was still going there in his mid 40’s. Had a few fights in RIZIN until he was like 47. Then he returned once at 50 and now again in April at RIZIN at 52 years old and won.

After the Hunt fight in PRIDE he was retired until he first returned vs Thompson in RIZIN nine years later.

Debuted in RINGS in 95.

1 Like

Yeah totally overrated…

Trinaldo fights Randy Brown on Sat.

44 years old. 5-1 in his last six UFC fights.

He was already 34 when he entered the UFC. Kickboxing was his first martial art and he didn’t even start training until he was already 23.

Once put together a 7 fight win streak in the UFC at LW and TKOed Felder in the 7th fight but then Lee ended the streak. He was already 39 at that point and started to alternate between wins and loses in his next four fights.

3 Likes

Despite his 20 years in and out of the UFC Robbie Lawler is still just 40 and not in the 42+ club.

46 year old Imanari is though. He took a fight this summer in DEEP and lost a UD. Fights next month in RIZIN too. If he is looking for a retirement fight it should be one RIZIN NYE, IMO.

Imanari made his MMA debut 22 years ago in 2000.

39-21.

Its a shame we never got to see him compete in the UFC. Especially near his prime.

1 Like

Speaking of Pudz. He fights 42 year old Khalidov in the main event of a Dec KSW show.

2 Likes

Also hats off to 42 year Overeem who is still going strong with is win over Badr Hari last weekend at Glory.

3 Likes

45 year old Hideo Tokoro is fighting John Dodson on the RIZIN NYE show.

3 Likes

Overeem is ranked number 44

And is 42 yes old
Sorry if already mentioned

Edit… I’m a dumbass, and re read the title.
Not top 50 ranked but ranked up to 25

My god this mma knowledge!

Fedor is one of my favorites and I always root for him except when he fought Hendo. I still wish he retires a decade ago

How good is Pudz? Could he beat a top 15 HW in the ufc?

Pudz vs Khalidov main card starts in 7 hours.

42 year old Palhares returned to MMA yesterday

2 Likes

He might be immortal, he is Ogun.

1 Like

For some reason, 6’0, 330 lb, 48 year old PRIDE/K1 vet Alexandru Lungu decided to fight and beat three fighters with a combined record of 0-2 last year. Guess he is a big deal in Romania so they headline the cards with him. I see also he beat a 14-32 MMA fighter and a 3-9 MMA fighter in kickboxing in 2021 as well.

Not exactly the same as being in there with Ngannou, Gane, Blaydes, etc… at the end of your career like JDS but there are different approaches to winding down a career I guess.

1 Like

Of course everyone knows 54 year old Roy Jones Jr., 45 year old Vitor and 43 year old Jacare are returning to action soon.

Hard to believe Aldo is still only 36 but I guess when you turn pro at 17 years old like he did…

2 Likes

46 year old nutrition guru Roy Nelson’s return…

1 Like

After his Stipe fight, Roy set the record for most strikes absorbed without being KOed in UFC history.

A year later Hunt would end that streak when he KOed Nelson.

With FLW and BW up and running like they are now, I wonder what the current record is.

4 Likes

Trinaldo is 44 and still fighting

1 Like

Juiced up Werdum is 45 and looking to pick a fight with Francis