5 Minutes?

Is all it will cost you to read my post titled 'Combat Sports - Consultation Forum', now that I have posted the Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st May.

There are some very relevant issues discussed, not just for WA Combat Sports, but Australia as a whole. I would really appreciate feedback as I am sending the posts directly to the Dept of Sport and Recreation representatives, so they can see what kind of issues we think are important and require their involvement.

You may not think this has anything to do with combat sports outside Western Australia but it does, we can use this model and experience to try and gain better understanding of government sports bodies and legislating bodies in other states and perhaps nationally.

Like I said, 5 minutes isn't much to contribute, all responses appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gerald.

Thank christ, I thought this thread was my girlfriend talking about my sex life again

Great stuff G. Thing that amuses me re WA is that they have a guy that used to promote bando (burmese muay thai ala kickboxer - jean claude van damme style headbutts but no glass on roped hands) as a consultant.

For my mind it's like a former kiddy fiddler consulting with the board of education.

Justin

Justin,

I'm guessing you mean Kevin Junior? The Forum was the first time I've ever met Kevin, though I'd heard about him numerous times in the WA Fight scene (he used to train Dom De Vanna amongst others).

Kevin was a total professional and spoke earnestly about the problems in the WA Fight Scene and what could be done to resolve them, he definitely seemed like part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I'd say the same about just about everyone else who took the time to attend. Hopefully there will be more styles and affiliations represented next time?

Kind Regards,

Gerald.

Hopefully it all works out Gerald, just found it humorous that he was hired as a consultant.

Justin