5 Reasons To Make Cruz-Faber 3 Immediately

By Carlin Bardsley

1. The rematch left unsolved questions

While most agree that Cruz’s decision victory was the right call, the margin of victory varies depending on who you speak to. There are some that agree with one judge’s score of 50-45, while many including the other two judges and yours truly saw the bout as a closely fought contest. Dana White himself said he’d hate to have to score the fight. Cruz was able to dictate the pace and land his volume of pitter-patter punches, while Faber looked to be landing the heavier blows. Cruz may or may not be happy with his measure of revenge, coming off a 25 minute decision after being subbed quickly in the first round in their first encounter. Faber’s motivation is clear and having these two go toe to toe one last time for supreme bragging rights and the UFC Bantamweight title would lay to rest any and all speculation.

Read the other 4 here... (Not because i didn't want to post, but it exceeded characters!)

1 reason not to...

Urijah Faber is 0-4 in his last 4 title matches and it's time to get some fresh blood on top of the card.

In all honesty I think that another opponent would be the right thing to do, Urijah was not at all dominated in the last fight, it wasn't a 50-45 fight as one judge said (in my opinion), give him the rubber match!!

He was the challenger and won 3 rounds out of 15 scored by the judges for his fourth loss in his last 4 title fights where he has won a total of 3 rounds out of 45 scored by judges.  (5-0 x3 vs Brown 2, 5-0 x3 for Aldo, and the Cruz fight)

No, not even close.

mmasucka -  By Carlin Bardsley

1. The rematch left unsolved questions

While most agree that Cruz’s decision victory was the right call, the margin of victory varies depending on who you speak to. There are some that agree with one judge’s score of 50-45, while many including the other two judges and yours truly saw the bout as a closely fought contest. Dana White himself said he’d hate to have to score the fight. Cruz was able to dictate the pace and land his volume of pitter-patter punches, while Faber looked to be landing the heavier blows. Cruz may or may not be happy with his measure of revenge, coming off a 25 minute decision after being subbed quickly in the first round in their first encounter. Faber’s motivation is clear and having these two go toe to toe one last time for supreme bragging rights and the UFC Bantamweight title would lay to rest any and all speculation.

Read the other 4 here... (Not because i didn't want to post, but it exceeded characters!)

The margins of victory varied, but they were ALL margins of VICTORY. Fuck that 'Cruz vs faber 3' bullshit. There's plenty of other fighters who have earned shots. I don't want to see the same match 3 times because the last they fought, the guy who won didn't win good enough? Hell no. Let someone else step up. Phone Post

No.

Urijah Faber is 4-4 in his last 8 and his best win is 29-28 over Eddie Wineland.

Yeah, he definitely needs and deserves another shot.

If you think Cruz vs Faber is on par with Shamrock vs Ortiz; I simply don't believe you.

Faber will not be the star UFC wants him to be.

Sorry.

0-4 in title fights.

This would be like giving Wandy a title fight each time our cause "The Axe Murderer" would be such a star with the belt.

Guess what?

In a real sport, Leben retires Wandy (or should) and Faber never becomes the butt chinned king of putting butts in seats like a mini GSP.

He is 32. It won't get easier for him.

The UFC forgets to mention how Mike Brown beat his ass TWICE. Phone Post

How many wins til title shot, let's ask that? If he beats Miguel Torres?

Faber needs a few more fights, but probably has the best shot at beating cruz. 

mmasucka - How many wins til title shot, let's ask that? If he beats Miguel Torres?

4 including some over contenders which he NEVER HAS TO DO before he keeps getting pushed in main event title matches.

NO MORE GIFT TITLE SHOTS TO URIJAH FABER PLEASE ZUFFA

Your pal,

jjj

Teh Spider - No let Bowles have the shot, Urijah blew it. Phone Post

THIS....

Honestly the most deserving challenger is probably Joe Benavidez even though Cruz has already beaten him twice. He's the clear #2 in the division, which is pretty crazy considering that he's tiny and should be fighting at 125.

I say match Bowles va Cruz and mighty mouse vs Faber and match the winners up. Phone Post

Faber loses title decisively to Brown

- beats clearly faded Jens Pulver

Faber loses rematch decisively to Brown

- beats noncontender Raphael Assuncao

Faber loses title match decisively to Aldo, drops to 135

- beats noncontender Mizugeki

- beats noncontender Wineland

Faber loses title match decisively to Cruz

Enough.

Faber will beat Torres and win maybe one or two after that and earn himself another shot..

He's actually 6-4 in title fights.

Lost to Aldo who is a BEAST

Lost to Brown twice, first getting caught taking a risk.. Second fought a decision with broken hands.

Lost to Cruz a close decision.. who he already beat BY A FINISH, just because Cruz dances around from side to side doesn't mean he's landing everytime.. Phone Post

Please no. I cant stand listening to Faber telling us how good he is and how we need him to be champion. Seems like alot of people think otherwise.

CruzedByFabersChinHole -  Faber will beat Torres and win maybe one or two after that and earn himself another shot..

He's actually 6-4 in title fights.

Lost to Aldo who is a BEAST

Lost to Brown twice, first getting caught taking a risk.. Second fought a decision with broken hands.

Lost to Cruz a close decision.. who he already beat BY A FINISH, just because Cruz dances around from side to side doesn't mean he's landing everytime.. Phone Post

LMAO at Faber earning himself another shot, it'll be the first shot he's earned in years.

mmasucka - In all honesty I think that another opponent would be the right thing to do, Urijah was not at all dominated in the last fight, it wasn't a 50-45 fight as one judge said (in my opinion), give him the rubber match!!

VTFU Phone Post

1. I haven't talked to anyone who thinks Faber won.
    2. Mighty Mouse is 2 - 0 in the UFC, and on a 4 fight win streak, he deserves the shot, Faber is 2 - 2 in his last 4, 3 - 3 in his last 6.
    3. The fight did headline a card, but we don't know how well it did, and it wouldn't headline a card again.
    4. This feud is lackluster
    5. No... no it wouldn't.