5 Reasons To Make Cruz-Faber 3 Immediately

I'd rather not see this rematch for quite awhile.

I'm going to have to disagree with my partner in crime here. Faber doesn't deserve a third shot. I think now that he is 0-4 in his last 4 title bouts, he needs to WORK his way back to that title shot. If there is a rubber match somewhere down the line, it will be because Faber deserves it and YES it would be a money maker, but the UFC also has to be concerned about growing that division. Anything can happen in MMA, don't be so sure that Faber is the only one that has a real shot of beating Cruz. The UFC has shown more often then not that they don't like to waste a rubber match or rivalary fight for just the sake of putting it on. That is something they will likely keep in their back pocket. Just like Mir vs. Lesnar 3 which I'm sure we will see at somepoint.

I agree with others, Urijah Faber is not going to be the big star the UFC was hoping for. He's a great fighter though.

Hey, I got it!

Somewhere down the line, assuming Cruz has lost the title of course, rubber match with no title on the line! Then you can all see the same match again, and I can use that time to get snacks for the relevant fights. Like a title fight with a real life no. 1 contender. Those DO happen from time to time, you know. Phone Post