MMA Underground Forums

7th grader hospitalized after MMA choke at school

A 7th grader in the Kent, WA school district was hospitalized with a head injury after passing out from what appears to be a rear naked choke. The incident was caught on school surveillance video which has been reported by Seattle's King 5 news. The story cites "ultimate fighting on TV" as one of the influences of the growth of such activity on school campuses. Read the full story, with video here: http://www.king5.com/news/middle-school-student-choked-unconscious-150518505.html

Choking each other out has become a new pastime for kids - popularized by ultimate fighting on TV and "how to" videos on YouTube.

yawn.. same thing happened with WWF holds back in the day

humans are replicators.. we replicate what we see.. always have, always will

And male humans always will fight.  Will schools ever validate their male students' masculinity instead of suppressing it?

truth..

more physical activities will result in less fighting...

instead they cut wrestling out and don't even consider sports like MMA or boxing... sad

pussification has it's consequences

inf0 -  truth..

instead they cut wrestling out and don't even consider sports like MMA or boxing... sad

The way I read that in my head, made your post sound Uber BAD ASS.

love that line.

"Pussification has it's consequences"

Also apologies for my terrible post. This was my first, trying to figure out the code tags for doing links, embeds, etc... I won't do so again until I have it down.

D241 -
inf0 -  truth..

love that line.

I read it in Don Frye's voice Phone Post

kids were choking eachother out long before MMA.. they just have better efficiency now =)

<I'm sure they can "validate their male students' masculinity" without letting them choke each other out. That can be dangerous, especially with kids, because kids are fucking idiots and don't know what they are doing>    

If schools would teach boys to wrestle, box and do martial arts, under adult supervision and with the proper equipment, fights would end before things get out of hand.  How many seventh graders know what "tapping out" is?  We might also have fewer kids with Type 2 diabetes.

In 3rd grade, I learned how badly the camel clutch sucks. Old Iron Sheik style, not that new fuck you in the ass Iron Sheik stuff. Also, sleeper holds and Jimmy Snuka dives off of couches and dressers.

This is nothing new. Phone Post

This is why kids should be learning TMA instead of MMA.  That way nobody gets seriously injured.

"i'm the proud parent of my kid choking out your honor student"..............don't let child grow up to be a P.A.M!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lesson here.... is to learn how to defend the rear naked choke.

Right, because kids never tried to choke each other before the UFC or MMA was popular...

*rolls eyes* Phone Post

Forrest Spliffn - It's funny that something as effective as a rear naked choke wasn't super common knowledge until mma took off. Kids are just more knowledgable about the positions that happen in fighting now.

I realized during the belcher fight joe often gives a step by step instruction of moves as they are attempted. I wondered how many little brothers nationwide would tap to twisters in the coming weeks. lol

Mma will take heat for this stuff but it won't make a difference. Phone Post
No Kidding... On the flip side it will be awesome when the nerd at school puts a bully in a bow and arrow choke. Phone Post

D241 - 
inf0 -  truth..

love that line.

lol truth.

sub

God damn kids are stupid. Our schools suck.

Used to be known as All-Star-Wrestling in B.C.

Ron Morrier,R.I.P.

I personally blame Mauro Ranallo for all this violence.