A letter to Joe Lauzon and the UG

I watch MMA to be entertained. The MMA community which includes its fighters, personalities and fans are all part of that entertainment and the overall MMA experience. Places like the UG are the medium through which we interface all of the above.

I don't know shit about most of you yet we interact, have laughs, get upset, converse, annoy and poke fun at each other. We entertain ourselves.

Joe is a fighter. His entire life and by decree the life of his family are centered around his practicing the sport of MMA. In return we watch his fights, talk and promote him which ultimately gives him a paycheck. He interacts with us and gives us reason to add value to his stock. We feel invested in him and that's fine too, it's part of the entire MMA experience we lap up day after day.

Joe is an entertainer. The unreal sacrifices he makes to entertain us practicing the sport he loves is highly admired by me. I don't know him as a person but do appreciate everything he does for us the fans (and the sport). He puts it all on the line (way more than what we see in the cage). For this reason I will forever be a fan. I just hope he knows his limits and respects them for the sake of his long term health and his family.

This applies to the majority of the fighters and the people involved with MMA. An special extra fondness goes out to those that reach out the extra mile and give us, the fans, invested value.

Thank you to those who make us feel like we matter in the grand scheme of it all. It is appreciated.

War Joe Lauzon!

Not sure if it makes sense, im not used to being that serious around here.

circa305 - "I just hope he knows his limits and respects them for the sake of his long term health and his family."

GTFO

what are you his daddy?

I'm about tired reading these indirect troll threads. He lost so what get over it. You win some and u lose some.

Its not like he was destroyed or anything. You wanna see someone get destroy see what he did to Gabe Rudiger.

You read that as a troll? Interesting.

Try reading it as a fan.

Vote The Mother Fuck Up...

Great thread and my sentiments exactly.

In Phone Post 3.0

...what? Phone Post 3.0

wow!

great positive post Letibleu

I'd VTFU you but I already did today for something else

circa305 - 
Letibleu - 
circa305 - "I just hope he knows his limits and respects them for the sake of his long term health and his family."

GTFO

what are you his daddy?

I'm about tired reading these indirect troll threads. He lost so what get over it. You win some and u lose some.

Its not like he was destroyed or anything. You wanna see someone get destroy see what he did to Gabe Rudiger.

Try reading it as a fan.

You are like the 5th troll today that has posted a thread indirectly talking about how Joe got beat and needs to hang em up.

We get it. He post here so guys like to rub it in some more.
That is the reasons fighters quit posting here because of dumbasses like you.

He knows when hes reached his limits and when to retire. He dont need you reminding him about the hazards of his job. He knew about that long before you even knew he was.

i wish ppl like you didnt post here

vote up OP

I dunno much, but I do know that this ain't a troll thread.
Well said, Letibleu.

WAR JLau! Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Joe, IDK what it was but you didn't fight like your regular self. You looked classically overtrained. There is no way MJ is faster than you.

Come back stronger than ever. Play Pay Day 2

Team GDP - 
circa305 - 
Letibleu - 

GTFO

what are you his daddy?

Try reading it as a fan.

You are like the 5th troll today that has posted a thread indirectly talking about how Joe got beat and needs to hang em up.

We get it. He post here so guys like to rub it in some more.
That is the reasons fighters quit posting here because of dumbasses like you.

He knows when hes reached his limits and when to retire. He dont need you reminding him about the hazards of his job. He knew about that long before you even knew he was.

i wish ppl like you didnt post here

vote up OP

I also voted up Letibleu.. he makes me laugh on the reg and is clearly not a troll..

Almost every day I see some mongoloid rocking 8 brain cells, invisible-lat-syndrome, and a Chevy S-10 with a massive Tapout sticker on the back window. I think to myself, "Shit, why do I follow a sport that is populated by people like that."

Joe Lauzon is a refreshing reminder. A smart guy who uses his intelligence to bring about tumultuous scrambles, explosive finishes, and exciting fights.

No knock here, Joe, but if we all have a genetic cookie cutter, yours certainly wasn't in the mesomorph "kick-ass" package. Yet you've used your intelligence, physical attributes, and determination to become one of the most exciting fighters in the world.

I appreciate your fighting style, your openness (video blogs, forum posts, etc.), your heart, and your dedication to this sport.

People have mentioned retirement, but if there is on attribute you;ve exhibited from the start, it's your intelligence. Whether you feel you have 20 wars left, 5, or none, I support you.

I never say "WAR" anything, but WAR Lauzon.

I don't think he needs to retire at all. He just had an off night like I've said before. You guys will be singing his praises soon when he runs through someone he's not supposed to like he's done before. Phone Post 3.0