A message from your friends at Alta

What’s up UG it’s Rich Chou checking in and I’m the VP of North America at Alta. You’ve likely read Kirik’s open letter by now and I thought it would be a good time to hear from us. Forgive the FRAT, but here goes.

I’ve been a member here since 2003 but it’s been a while since I’ve posted, 14 years to be exact. So no need for Hi KKM’s but TBH I never thought I’d be back under these circumstances. See I’m the guy that convinced Alta to acquire the UG.

A little info about myself, I’m a super fan that’s had a bit of wild ride in MMA. Got into training and working on a few clothing brands in the beginning (hence my profile name) and that somehow led to a fun run matchmaking at Bellator, Strikeforce, EliteXC, and Rumble on the Rock. I also fought, refereed, managed fighters, and earned a black belt along the way. Joined Alta about 3 years ago after leaving Bellator to take on a new challenge in growing this company. Long story short I’ve been given some great opportunities in the sport to do some really cool shit. I consider this chance to restore the UG to its former glory another one of those opportunities.

One of my favorite things about Alta is that the team is made up of really good dudes who also love MMA.

Our CEO and Founder Nick Langton is a Harvard educated Aussie with a background in investment banking. I know sounds like another Ivy Leaguer who’s out of touch, but he found MMA through the Alta program which led to him fighting in an amateur MMA bout 8 years ago. That experience was a complete game changer and he quit his lucrative job to grow this company to change other lives through martial arts. A very sharp guy with guts and heart but also lot of fun to have a beer with.

Before he became a world renowned coach John Kavanagh was logging onto the UG from internet cafes in Dublin after he got off work as a bouncer. He’s our Co-Founder and Global MMA Coach.

Brian Ebersole is a UFC veteran with over 70 professional bouts and an OG of the UG. There were contests run here in honor of this madman. He’s currently an Alta Coach at HQ in Sydney. Rumor has it he still has that arrow shaved in his chest.

There are several other leaders in the sport who are part of Alta that understand how important the UG is and we’ll get them involved with our plans as we move forward as well.

So we’re back with this crazy idea to improve this place, with your help and guidance of course. To be the innovators to the originators in Kirik and Chris. And to me there’s no better time than now. I know you’re worried about the suits fucking this place up and that’s a valid concern. So I say all this to emphasize that we collectively know a lot about MMA but more importantly we understand what the UG is all about. We also know there’s a lot of responsibility on us now, the UG isn’t an asset, it’s the heart and soul of this crazy sport that we all love.

Alright guys thanks for hanging with me till this point and I’ll wrap with this. We’ve got big plans and ambition but are also here to simply have a good time. I mean we do have Aussies and Irish involved after all. We’re genuinely excited to get going with you all soon. In all likelihood I’ll regret this whole thing haha, but until then let’s have some fun boys

48 Likes

First

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Good to know you know this place as you have been here for 20 plus years. And as you might expect folks want minimal change with respect to freedom to say almost anything. But it would be awesome for the newer members to get a glimpse and feel of how this place was back in the earlier years. It was crazy and chaotic but great at the same time

16 Likes

I only care about the OG, any statement on that?

39 Likes

In early

2 Likes

do you wild each it or no?

25 Likes

Are you my gf now?

7 Likes

I feel comfortable to say that the OG WILL remain the way it is now. Nothing new to add or change here. And no need to use real names or anything weird. Pretend rules are as “grey” as they are now and have always been…

Edit to say will remain

10 Likes

I’m out.

3 Likes

Reporting For Doobies

3 Likes

New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

17 Likes

Fucking gayer than I thought!

12 Likes

Gayer tha. 3 guys fuckin 2 guys

7 Likes

OP is definitely a faggot!

22 Likes

Is he the one that beat up the faggot in a thong?

3 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

Correcto Hombre

1 Like

Don’t expect a reach around cause that’s reserved for kirik only

1 Like