A Prime Tito Ortiz in today's LHW div.?

Bob Sapp with a win. Fux yea Bob

2 Likes

Phew…

Thank you sir. I thought I was crazy

1 Like

I wish UFC would participate or create an event similar to this where the best could fight. There is promotions in boxing but not as exclusive. The best fight the best.

3 Likes

I don’t know about not being top 15. The LHW class is severely lacking. I think prime Tito take Hill down and beats the shit out of him. Possibly subs him. Hill is the most overrated champion in men’s MMA right now. Im not hating on him. He went out there and took the belt when he was given the chance. I salute him for that. But in no way is he the best LHW on the planet. Anyway, im gonna stop shitting on Jamal. He does his thing and I respect that. But I don’t think he’s as strong as prime Tito and I don’t think he’s as good as prime Tito. Straight up.

1 Like

It just appears that way because everyone else is better. Hill would smoke Tito. Titos takedowns wouldn’t be effective today. He could get one here and there but I think fighters today are way too comfortable defending them off the cage.

People act like Hill is some backyard brawler. He is good

1 Like

I think hill is distinctively average

Bearjew only beats unbeaten unbeatable fighters .

Ankelaev and Hill

2 Likes

I mean he’s the ufc champ. That’s pretty impressive. I’ve just never been sold on him.

Kinda this. Aggressively mediocre

1 Like

Didn’t Tito far well in Abu dhabi?

1 Like

He was unable to do much with Arona.

2 Likes

I think Hill is great. Similar to Jiri, he is not the most cautious (which is good for the viewer) and that leads to him being put in bad positions sometimes. He gets out of them though. You don’t escape Glover’s top control without being damn good. Look what a turtle Jan was in that position.

Jiri vs Hill will be fireworks.

2 Likes

He did OK, beat Comprido which is impressive. Lost to Arona and a dude from Renzos, his name escapes me

2 Likes

Youre not wrong

2 Likes

Good point. Hill is a brown belt, right?

1 Like

The game has grown so much since Tito fought, it’s not fair. With that said, if Tito trained the way modern guys do this whole career, think he’d be pretty damn good.

2 Likes

This… even a washed up wounded Lion version of Tito smashed a guy like Ryan Bader… current Bellator HW Champion…

4 Likes

Yeah right. Glover who’s like 15 years past his prime was just champ and he’s at the very top. Tito almost finished Machida at the end of that fight and that was YEARS past Tito’s big run.

Yep, these fucking noobs don’t get it. There is no evolution at this point, if they had to face somebody dropped out of Time Machine from 20 years ago they wouldn’t know what to do because it’s not the generic style they are used to sparring against. It goes in waves, training isn’t all inclusive.

Guys spend more time chasing light shows on a wall and doing weird trendy strength and conditioning than actual hard fight simulation compared to back in the day…and they still gas out anyway

2 Likes

Arona was top tier back then, no?

2 Likes

in titos day when he got a takedown, his opponent would close guard til the bell rang
nowadays people get up after being taken down a half second

2 Likes