A Prime Tito Ortiz in today's LHW div.?

Teleported to today, he loses to basically everyone probably.

Starting training today (or 5 years ago)? He’d be a top 10 for sure, maybe champ against the current crop.

Tito isn’t world class at any specific skill, but he trained his ass off. He put in more work than basically everyone.

People should still be copying his Big Bear camps. He’d outwork every single current lhw outside of maybe Jan and Ank. If he had a chance to adapt to some of the technical developments, he’d crush most modern 205ers.

Sean Alvarez, 3x ADCC silver medalist.

He beat Van Arsdale too, who is a much more accomplished wrestler than Tito.

Tyson fury would bet ruined by rocky Marciano.
Royce would be the utc champ at 185 today.
Progress isn’t a thing.
Just ask Graham Hancock

1 Like

Yeah, you’re overrating Tito’s wrestling or underrating Glovers if you think Tito would be slam ko’ing him.

1 Like

When you take it to the extreme of course there is progress and it’s not realistic to expect the initial pioneers to beat the latest settlers of an industry or sport for several reasons some out of their control. But that is where people get confused on the points some of us are making.

We are talking about after that initial exponential progress once a sport is more established and potentially closer to leveling out like some do if it was on a graph of progress.

Royce debuted in 1993
Tito Beat Bader in 2011
In 2023 Bader is still the Bellator HW Champ lol

Tito is not as far off from the 2023 LHW Divisions like a 1993 Royce was compared to the impressive 2011 Divisions of Fighters we saw

Threads like these are good for a chuckle. Reality is Tito hasn’t had a UFC belt in 20 years!

Sure, if Tito trained today he’d most likely be an even better fighter. That doesn’t change the fact he’s dumb as a bag of rocks. Tito had his day and it was a long in the past.

1 Like

What set Tito apart from his opponents was his conditioning
I have to believe that Tito’s drive and determination with todays training and PED’s would be formidable
I think Tito would be top 5 minimum

1 Like

Tito could not only slam him, he might crack that glass chin on Glover with his striking

Tito is coming in that cage weighing 240, jacked, with unlimited cardio, underrated BJJ, big slams and takedowns, and top 5 GnP in MMA history to this day.

Tito had real GnP. Not that limp wristed GnP. He would try to pound your face thru the mat with elbows and punches. He’s up there with fighters like Fedor, Jon Jones, Khabib, Dan Henderson, etc with the GnP. Even if they were covering up, Tito’s GnP was still destroying them… Man get real…

Like I say, Tito by 1 round slam and a few punches or elbows before Big John pulls him off Glover’s unconscious body…

1 Like

If Tito was prime and fighting today, him and Jon Jones would be the 2 best GnP fighters in the UFC

That frank shamrock loss changed him for the better. I respect a fighter who can sure up a weakness. I really respect a fighter who can make his weakness one of his strengths. That’s dedication.

1 Like

Tito’s biggest advantage during his heyday was that he was bigger and stronger than everyone else. He would bully all of his opponents with his wrestling and pound them out.

In todays MMA he would be considered on the smaller side would likely be a middle of the road fighter. No version of Ortiz would have ever posed any trouble to Bones, Glover wouod probably school him in everything.
Tito was great for his time but in reality was a one dimensional fighter who had to get the fight to the ground for a chance to win

Yes, Tito was known for his striking. Good day to you.

Nemkov vs Jiri was an awesome fight.

Both got caught in near armbars and threw knees from the side to try to escape. There were soccer kicks, stomps, and knees to a grounded opponent:

The UFC and the Unified Rules absolutely suck. Their rules encourage LNP and protect wrestlers/grapplers.

3 Likes

Madness.

Tito knew how to cut. Don’t know if you’ve ever met Tito but he’s very much the same size as modern lhws

1 Like

Tito’s head alone makes MW

Standing next to Tito he was bigger looking than a near 280 lb friend of mine

2 Likes

We aren’t talking about Jones. We are talking about this current generation of ham n eggers.

People keep saying he would be small. He is basically a legit heavyweight lol

1 Like

Noob haters are juan hundo percent WRONG. Tito ages like fine wine cheese. Hes younger than he was yesterday!
brad pitt film GIF

2 Likes