A step back in time...

Thanks G and Steve for the answers.

Elvis,

Is it just me or did the hippo look alot bigger for Spartan 8. Whilst he had little to no fat, he just looked a lot bigger around the chest and shoulders. Im sure he did some weight training but the size difference (havent seen him for about 2 months) was very noticeable. If I am right, would that mean he could probably drop a couple of Kgs and still be strong to fight the likes of nest?

It would be great to see both the Hippo and The King on the same card. What about SPMA Top Team against Australian Top Team.

James

That's the SPMA Hippo Team... ;)

Anthony was in great shape for the eliminator. He had bulked up to make the 100kg weight class. He did a good job while also trying to improve his cardio (to be able to go 3 matches).

I have no doubt he could make 93kg. Both Anthony and I are of similar build. We used to always be about the same weight. I keep my weight lower so I can make 93kg (205lbs) when I fight, Anthony keeps his weight higher as he usually competes at 97kg for the worlds, or 98kg for ADCC.

Elvis

WOOHOO!!

Are there 2 guys from the top team that heavy? I thought Schaffa was 70kg and Kayoom was 80kg or so. Who else is on the team?
How about Perosh vs Nest and Elvis vs The Gun or vice versa even.

Elvis, you should clean up more often.

Go to your room and find more cool shit for the UG!

NOW MR!!!!!!

:)

LOL... Man with you and my girlfriend on my back I'm in for a long summer... :p

Elvis

Is it just me, or does what Elvis just said sound illegal (at least in Queensland) ?

Tank

I can hear the ice breaking uner tanks feet:)

But since we are there, will Elvis have the pink cowboy hat on during summer?

Between Elvis' comment, and all these "changing teams" threads, I'm seriously re-considering whether BJJ is the martial art for me !!

:-)

Tank

hahaha go tanky!!

ttb with this thread - I catch myself humming Kylie Minogue every time I read it...not that humming Kylie would be a bad thing ;)

Randy Bable - I heard he's in Port Macquarie...

Try to post more interesting stuff like this Elvis...ttt

so sam nest is fighting forest griffin. and he faught dan severn. did he beat severn? and is severn a really good fighter?

Forrest Griffin just came off submission wins over Ebenezer Fuentes Braga, Chael Sonnen and then travelled to Brazil for the Heat FC Vale Tudo and KO'd his Brazilian opponent. His only loss after his first fight was a controversial early stoppage to Jeremy Horn (Should not have happened, he was never in much danger). Griffin losing to Nest would be more than just a bit of an upset here.

Having said that, i'll still support Nest 100% and hope he pulls off the win.

but cadmus where does dan severn come into it? did griffin fight him? and is severn a worthy apponant

Steve, you don't know Dan Severn? UFC tournament and Heavyweight champion, wrestler and huge mutha?? Just do a search on him and you'll learn a bit about him - and yes, he qualifies as a worthy opponent (even though he's still fighting at around 86 years old).

Forrest Griffin fought him in his first MMA fight, which is a huge ask for anyone, let alone someone with such a huge weight difference. I was saying that Sam's first opponent, Hayden Pollard, is no Dan Severn...

While as a training partner of Sam's I would be remiss to say he is overmatched here, this is by far his toughest fight yet. This would be an incredibly huge win for Sam.

i know severn from the wwf when he faught ken in the lions den lol. but yeah havnt really seen him fight. i with sam, higgins, soa, winner of schaffa vs bell and bonello all the best in thier matches.

TTT for AUSSIE FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forrest is an amazing fighter and an amazing opportunity for Sam, I am sure he is up to task.

Justin