Aaron Pico Defeats 2013 World Champ

Pioneer in 20 seconds?!
Wow!! Has anyone got a link to this tourny please? Phone Post 3.0

Topsyjt - Pioneer in 20 seconds?!
Wow!! Has anyone got a link to this tourny please? Phone Post 3.0
Pinned!!!!!!! Stupid fat thumbs ggggrrrrrrrrr. Need to cut weight so I can type correctly now......... LOVE MY CAKE SO MUCH TOO Phone Post 3.0

Here is the pin:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251604-Turkish-Junior-Tournament/video/746443-66kg-Consolation-Aaron-Pico-USA-vs-Arslanaliev-Russia

Watch more videos on Flowrestling

Later!
Thank you kindly sir. VU :-) Phone Post 3.0

judom - wiggum,

I know people get excited about these wins but reality is they don't mean anything.

Here is the thing -- all these guys are completely out of shape if its not the Euros/Olympics/World tournaments.

I still remember people getting excited about wins at beat the streets, where Metcalf would beat Kurbanaliev, etc.

Then, at the 2014 worlds a completely different thing happened with the U.S. getting nothing and Russia winning 5 gold medals. And people are surprised how can that be.

For these guys, unless its a major competition, you can completely discount the results. These are more of exhibition matches, trying things out, etc than a real competition.

For instance, I kept reading about what prodigy Kyle Snyder is, then Gogaev of Russia whooped his ass badly at the junior Worlds, etc.

Same thing was about Ed Ruth, 3x NCAA champion, etc. How he was gonna beat Sadulaev, etc. Then at the worlds Ruth loses to the Iranian and Sadulaev demolishes everyone and is now probably p4p best wrestler in the world.

Same thing with Pico. The guy is good, but he is nowhere near the level of guys like Sadulaev, etc. In a previous tournament in Turkey few months ago, the Russian pinned Pico in 20 seconds.

Sorry my friend but you are wrong here.

judom - wiggum,

I know people get excited about these wins but reality is they don't mean anything.

Here is the thing -- all these guys are completely out of shape if its not the Euros/Olympics/World tournaments.

I still remember people getting excited about wins at beat the streets, where Metcalf would beat Kurbanaliev, etc.

Then, at the 2014 worlds a completely different thing happened with the U.S. getting nothing and Russia winning 5 gold medals. And people are surprised how can that be.

For these guys, unless its a major competition, you can completely discount the results. These are more of exhibition matches, trying things out, etc than a real competition.

For instance, I kept reading about what prodigy Kyle Snyder is, then Gogaev of Russia whooped his ass badly at the junior Worlds, etc.

Same thing was about Ed Ruth, 3x NCAA champion, etc. How he was gonna beat Sadulaev, etc. Then at the worlds Ruth loses to the Iranian and Sadulaev demolishes everyone and is now probably p4p best wrestler in the world.

Same thing with Pico. The guy is good, but he is nowhere near the level of guys like Sadulaev, etc. In a previous tournament in Turkey few months ago, the Russian pinned Pico in 20 seconds.

You're overestimating how much stock I put into this.

I posted it because (1) a 18 year old beating even an out of shape world champion is very impressive; (2) beating an out of shape world champion proves you're world class at the very least; (3) It's especially impressive to note because he's heading to MMA.

None of this means he's going to place at world's. I didn't think Steiber's win over Sat proved that either.

Metcalf's BTS win proved he's world class. And he is. It didn't mean he was going to win.

Pico dominated the world champ. It looked like Pico pulled guard, did a berimbola sweep, and finished by heel lock.

Can't wait to see his gi game.

TheJudge - Impressive. I know less than jack squat about wrestling really so consider this a legit question. Seems like not much sportsmanship there between the competitors but also it seems pretty unrealistic for me to expect them to hug it out afterwards. Are wrestlers usually friendly after matches or is it a walk away while still acknowledging the competition?

It just depends on your definition of sportsmanship.

To me, it means competing hard and fair and not disrespecting your opponent. To that end, wrestling is filled with class acts.

But we compete hard. Nobody wants to hug afterwards. We shake hands and that's it.

The hugging in BJJ has always freaked me out. Same with all of the time shaking and then pounding hands before rolls.

judom -

Watch more videos on Flowrestling

Wow. Flexibility and strength. Outstanding. Thank you kindly again for the video post sir x Phone Post 3.0

Let's not forget he's only 18. He's not ready for primetime in any sport. Let's give him time.

judom - wiggum,

wrestling newb here as well, so thx for this.

Didn't he go on record as saying he feels his hands are better than his wrestling and he's just doing wrestling because he can? If this guy keeps developing at this rate we could see a world beater in mma. Phone Post 3.0