Aaron Pico says he would've boxed Floyd better than McGregor

And speaks about a possible future in pro boxing.

1 Like

Aaron would beat the shit out of Conor in boxing

6 Likes

Pico is a savage. I hope he makes his way to the UFC

5 Likes

Yeah, the kid definitely has good boxing skills. He’s one of the only fighters in Bellator I try to make a point in watching. He’s got a hell of a left hook body shot.

5 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Probably would have. Conor looked like he couldn’t bust a grape with boxing gloves on.

4 Likes

When the hype started for Pico. I watched his next two fights…

Disppointed
Sanjay Kapoor Omg GIF by Voot Select

Obviously he rolled off 6 more wins since then, but he had conditioning issues, amongst grappling, fight IQ, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah the MMA hype was all marketing, which is understandable, the kid was a hot prospect. Speed bumps aside, he’s bounced back pretty well and can only get better, he’s still young enough and he’s got good skills and drive. Only time will tell.

Pico would probably be an undefeated prospect right now if Bellator hadnt rushed him. Its strange he’s the only prospect they didnt build up slowly.

2 Likes

I remember hearing the hype on him when he was 15. Koscheck and the guys were joking they didn’t want him to come in the gym during wrestling days because they could very easily lose to a kid lol.

But the pressure/hype and his old management throwing him into tough fights early on didn’t help. The best decision he made was getting away from the CA scene and switching managements.

6 Likes

Pitbull defends the title vs Borics on Oct 1st and Pico fights Kennedy.

I’ve wanted to see Pitbull vs Pico eventually for the title since Pico was 1-1 so hopefully they both win in October and then Pico wins the title in early 2024.

Patricio is getting old for an elite FW and Pico is hitting his prime. Perfect timing.

3 Likes

I remember Coker speaking about Pico and hyping him up with talk of how they were able to snatch him up/steal him away from all the other mma organizations, etc,. Seems like Scott was hoping Pico would’ve steamrolled everyone and remained undefeated, so he’d be able to hype him up as a great signing and having an undefeated bad-ass in Bellator.

Yo tambien

Conor blew his load on Floyds gloves for three rounds then folded. Any semi fit athlete could put on the performance he did against Floyd

3 Likes

MMA fighters talking about boxing is always pretty meh. Learn some head movement first, guys.

3 Likes

I assume you’re not speaking about Pico, as he’s a junior Golden Gloves champ and has very good boxing, even trains with Freddie Roach at Wild Card Boxing.

1 Like

I love arron pico.

he went to don bosco so did my dad and both of my uncles.

that being said are you kidding. Mayweather has beaten a list of guys that would honestly kill him in a boxing match. and i hate mayweather the women beater.

but he could beat him. just stop.

1 Like

Right, but he’s not saying he’d beat Floyd, he’s saying he would put up a better fight than McGregor did. I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Pico would beat Floyd, even in this late stage in Floyd’s life.

2 Likes

my bad yes he would do better than mcgreggor at boxing him.

my only concern at that point is mayweather would actually put it on him then.

mayweather was never in danger with mcg and just had fun until mcg ran out of gas.

also even back then I called it he didnt tko or ko mcg. he didnt damage the brand because the fight was done under mayweather promotions with the ufc and you know he made him sign a 2 or even 3 fight deal prior to giving him the fight.

For sure Mayweather propped up McGregor (only fanatic fanboys think McGregor was in the fight).

2 Likes