? about IBJJF requirements

Does your school have to be certified for you to compete if you are not a black belt? Any help would be apprecaiated I thought only for black belts but recently heard for all levels now?

This is an email that was sent from the ibjjf to davejitsu on the f12

"In order to certify your academy you need to have a black belt who is a member of IBJJF as a head instructor.
Is your black belt a member already? If yes, you just have to fill out the form I send attached, ask the head instructor to sign and email it back to me with the payment.
The fee is $50.00 and you can pay it with a check or money order in name of BJJ International.
You can mail us the payment together with the application form to the address" Phone Post

thanks but our black belt head instructor is not a member of the IBJJF. what then?

Looks like he's gotta register then. Unless you have close relations with a Gracie barra school or something like that, that's registered and you could compete under them. Phone Post

to register is $400+? could someone clear up the registration/certification process for me thanks again

is it required for brown belts to compete?

was hoping to do the Boston show and maybe No Gi Pan Ams this fall but we are a small school we don't have that kind of money.

the Brazilian - to register is $400+? could someone clear up the registration/certification process for me thanks again

is it required for brown belts to compete?

was hoping to do the Boston show and maybe No Gi Pan Ams this fall but we are a small school we don't have that kind of money.

By what I got out of it, you need to register the academy which looks like the $50, plus brown/black belts have to be registered and pay the annual fee to the ibjjf. I could be wrong about the costs, but that's how it looks to me.

If anybody actually knows for sure I'd love to see what the costs really are. I'm just a white belt and have yet to compete at an ibjjf event. Chicago open will be my first this August, so I'm trying to figure this all out as well. Phone Post

But the $400 might be for the head black belt at your academy to be registered with the ibjjf. Phone Post

thanks for the responses I would appreciate further clarification I need to start planning now if I'm going to be able to compete August 27 in Boston.

ttt for a definitive, clear answer. I'd like to compete in the Chicago open.

bonez05 - ttt for a definitive, clear answer. I'd like to compete in the Chicago open.

Check the thread I started about this. I think you'll find what you need there. Phone Post