Act hard at Xtreme Couture, get ass beaten.

I believe Kaitlin Young got the ok to tear some guy apart that came into MMAA. Said he was a national champion in TKD or something?

Maybe Kaitlin can shed some light on this if she sees this.

FP101 - I believe Kaitlin Young got the ok to tear some guy apart that came into MMAA. Said he was a national champion in TKD or something?

Maybe Kaitlin can shed some light on this if she sees this.

Stop it.

boilerbrawn - We have green light days at AKA too, we just call it practice.

are you the little buff blonde dude who always brings his baby daughter into the gym?

Yep, Fitch is a buff blonde dude.

Winnson - Yep, Fitch is a buff blonde dude.

don't forget little

nvm..i didnt even know he was on the UG.

i touched his glove once.

MushroomHead - "None other than Jay Hieron, who loves – absolutely loves – to put a hurting on big-talking newbies."

I guess when you're having a lackluster MMA career, beating up newbies/weaklings/etc probably feels pretty satisfying...
17 - 4 on a 5 fight in streak is lackluster? Who are you, Rickson?

It could be a matter of opinion on whether a walk-in guy is acting a bad ass or just happy to be there and asked the wrong question. If a guy is truly being disrespectful, then he deserved it.

But what happen if a real Bad Ass like GSP walks in? Would Heiron ask if he can have the GREENLIGHT? Or this only applies to a nobody.

Is it really bullying if the person is being a douchebag and disrespectful? If they are making claims that they can't back up?

someone like GSP would know better than to act like a egotistical douchebag when visiting a gym to train.

Even if he can kick the ass of most everyone in the gym, he's there to train or learn.

Respect is more than just acknowledging someone can kick your ass or not.

I agree with Hieron , How would you guys like it if someone came into your place of work thinking thier the shit .You can t tell me you would put him in your place.

You obviously have a lot of professional experience in this thing called the "real world". If you are in a profession that doesn't involve fighting and in a situation where you are dealing with jerkoff clients (who pay your bills), you put on a big warm smile, suck it up, and pretend like they are your best friend, and that you too think they are the shit. Because it happens all the time. Stroking their egos loosens their wallets and brings them back for more.

My biggest clients are all condescending ivory tower douche bags, but they pay my bills so they can think they are as awesome as they want, as long as they keep paying.

Unfortunately office dwellers such as myself don't have the option of "Greenlighting" the clients I find condescending, nor do I have the luxury of being able to give rude clients the high hat.

That's business.

copox - 

Hey Fitch, did you ever get the chance to beat a guy up that came to the gym claiming to be a tough guy like Kos and Buentello beat up a couple of guys. Give us some insight

We dont have things like that happen very often. Truth is we go hard all the time. A lot of the tough guys that come in sit down and watch for a while, then leave and never come back. They never even step onto the mat.

Every once in a while we will get some one who has balls and will gear up and take a beating like a man on their first day. I call this "birth by fire". If they come back for more you know you got something to work with.

They have to take beating for a while before we show them any real respect, not that we dont have it for them, we just dont show it right away. Its kind of like being in the vietnam war. you didnt make friends with the new guy cause he would most likely be dead tomorrow.

Ew0k187 - nvm..i didnt even know he was on the UG.

i touched his glove once.

so you're the motherfucker touchin my gloves!

ha, just kiddin

Tidbits - Is it really bullying if the person is being a douchebag and disrespectful? If they are making claims that they can't back up?

Sometimes it is just a matter of opinion. When you walk in and you look like a newbie fighter and someone like Jay Hieron didnt like the way you walk or talk, anything you say can be can be interpreted as disrespectful.

eg.

Jay Heiron: So are you a fighter?

Joe Blow: I have fought a few times localy at my home State.

JH:(JH is thinking "So you think you're some bad ass then")
What's you're record?

JB: I'm 3 and 0

JH: (So you think you're a real Bad ass)
Have you train with any Pro Fighters?

JB: Actually not yet. But I would like to train with Pros to improve my game.

JH: (So you think you can hang with a Pro Huh?)
We do have Pro only training session but we can let other non pros train with us from time to time.

JB: I would love to spar and roll with the Pros, what do I got to do to get in there?

JH: (Oh you asked for it newbie)
I tell you what, I'll hook you up and you can spar with me.

Can I get a GREENLIGHT in here?

boilerbrawn -

We dont have things like that happen very often. Truth is we go hard all the time. A lot of the tough guys that come in sit down and watch for a while, then leave and never come back. They never even step onto the mat.

Every once in a while we will get some one who has balls and will gear up and take a beating like a man on their first day. I call this "birth by fire". If they come back for more you know you got something to work with.

They have to take beating for a while before we show them any real respect, not that we dont have it for them, we just dont show it right away. Its kind of like being in the vietnam war. you didnt make friends with the new guy cause he would most likely be dead tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight, I've heard that AKA is notorious for the hard sparring.

Anyways just wanted to tell you that you have a fan from Croatia and wish you the best of luck against Thiago. Peace

boilerbrawn - 
copox - 

Hey Fitch, did you ever get the chance to beat a guy up that came to the gym claiming to be a tough guy like Kos and Buentello beat up a couple of guys. Give us some insight

I prefer this approach better.

It would be so awesome if I could Greenlight douche bag clients. I'm jealous.

Daht - someone like GSP would know better than to act like a egotistical douchebag when visiting a gym to train.

Even if he can kick the ass of most everyone in the gym, he's there to train or learn.

Respect is more than just acknowledging someone can kick your ass or not.

I would'nt be surprise that that is the exact same reason and action of some newbies and why they came to Extreme Couture to train. It was already said that with the amount of Pro Fighters in that gym, why would anyone act like a douche bag when they walk in there? I'm not saying it isnt possible but it is quite possible that someone could be misinterpreted. But being Greenlighted could also be a great experience that a rookie fighter can only dream about.

ttt

"greenlight" = every monday and wednesday night at MFS.