Adaptogen N??? Anyone tried?

Ingredients "Each 3 capsule nightly dose of Adaptogen N provides a 2100mg propritary blend Tribulas Terrestris Extract (40% minnimum saponins), Ultra Suma (peak 20% extraction), DHEA, Eurycoma Longifolia Extract (most potent 20:1 standardized concentration), Melatonin, Glucose polymers, & Magnesium Stearate."

Anyone tried this stuff? Should anything in the ingredients worry me?

I know that I could spend the afternoon doing my own research, but why re-invent the wheel?

Bottle has a warning about how it is to be taken at bedtime, and that it WILL make you sleepy, to take 2 caps (as opposed to the reccomended 3 caps). Is that just refering to the melatonin?

MountainMedic

from what i've read Tribulas Terrestris is bunk...

Cap-
It is marketed/reccomended for the 30+ crowd. I think the melatonin is to ensure a decent period of rest as an aid to recovery.

I can't speak for other 37 year olds, but I live pretty clean and I am still exhausted all the time, but can't stay asleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time & most nights I probably get 3-4 hours at best. I can probably blame part of tha on the job, but even when I was laid up for 6 months & my new job was basically to eat/workout/sleep I kept the same patern.

I'm staring at the bottle right now & its 2016 colorado time. I have about 4 hours to decide if I want to take it tonite.

crap.

woahbro - What have you read that says its bunk (honest question)? Is it tha it is totally BS or that the levels are just low? I'm just starting to try and figure this stuff out. Other than the usual C, B complex, fish oil, & protien powders I haven't really been interested in any kind of "supplement" before. Didn't need em. Now that I am trying to put my body back together I want any edge that I can get, as long as it's not too lethal.

capnsavem - I guess I'll be the huckleberry on this one. EVERYTHING that the older guys tell you, and you say "not me", is true. Just happens later to people that never stop runnin around. I'm 37, look 29, and feel 65.

-MountainMedic

EDIT
If you don't hear from me by tomorrow night I'd advise avoiding the product. MM

fishyfish-thanks for the e-hug, but it's not really like that. I am a paramedic supervisor in one of the largest response areas in in the lower 48 (4,000+ square miles, if you live in a large urban area, the avg is 6-20 square miles) & I work 72 hour shifts.So I guess I could try to blame the job. But the sleep thing has been an isue since I was a kid. Without goin into it, lets just say I have a hard time turning it all the way off. I have have learned alot about how to relax, and I can usually get my head in that place, but then I just stay there. Used to stay up for DAYS when I was a little kid, but so did my speed freak mom, so I just sort of think that I was "programmed" to be like this. Used to drink myself to sleep, but then I turned 24 & have been workin on plan B for the last 13 years. -MM

fishyfish - Thanks man. And thanks for my first KKM EVER on the UG, I thought it would take forever (& thanks to Loretta too, she tried).

It was a real "dear diary" moment for me.

-MountainMedic

let us know if you die. thanks

That will be my first post!

-MountainMedic

I think we got a little off track here & leave it to the cap to ensure life safety is being appropriately monitored.

From the website www.musclemass.com/prohormone.html

Testosterone Therapy :: HGH Supplements

Adaptogen N / DHEA 100 / Gamma GH / Glutamine Supreme / Nitro AKG

21 days to GREAT gains...

Rich in anabolics and restorative factors, Adaptogen NTM accelerates results and gives you long-lasting athletic and sexual drive. While you rest, the five highly effective and well researched ingredients in Adaptogen N go to work maximizing your natural hormone levels and creating a powerful 'greenhouse effect' within your body.

Each 2100mg Adaptogen N 'night cap' provides 1500mg of TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS EXTRACT. This is the clinically proven peak dosage prescribed for impotence and infertility. Testosterone therapy trials show this 45% extract can boost natural testosterone by 30-50% via increased gonadotropin-releasing hormone levels. Not so for non-standardized tribulus terrestris sold at cut-rate prices. Adaptogen N offers you the highest level of proven, active steroidal saponins at a price that's easy to afford. But, that's just the start...

Adaptogen N is different - very different - from any other supplement on the market. Pop the seal on a bottle and discover the difference it can make for you. You owe it to yourself. And, with a Risk Free Guarantee of results you have nothing to lose; If, after using Adaptogen N as directed for 21 days you haven't seen remarkable improvements in your athletic drive, libido, rate of muscle gain and workout recovery, then return the remaining capsules with your receipt for a prompt, no-questions-asked refund. It's as simple and straightforward as that, because Adaptogen N works. So, what are you waiting for? Don't delay. Harness the power of Adaptogen N for yourself, today.

So its 2315 Colorado time (& the job lets me sleep if I'm not "needed" after 2300). The point is to get on a schedule w/shit like this, right. I usually sack out around 0100, so the UG might be the ONLY forensic evidence available if I things go horribly awry.

Hold on...........................just broke the seal (yeah, I know, that just SOUNDS creepy) ............................ removed the cotton ...................... removed the freshness insuring "PillowPak (per product instructions). ................................................................ and just knocked down 2 of em ....................................... oh christ, what have I done? ...................................................... see ya on the other side.

If this is how it ends, I wan't my personal mantra on the headstone

"Don't think! Thinking leads to overthinking"

That is all(?)

-MountainMedic

"I can't speak for other 37 year olds, but I live pretty clean and I am still exhausted all the time, but can't stay asleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time & most nights I probably get 3-4 hours at best. I can probably blame part of tha on the job, but even when I was laid up for 6 months & my new job was basically to eat/workout/sleep I kept the same patern."

get a sleep study, and see if you have some form of apnea. and don't let them blow you off with some ridiculous breating machine, just have them do the surgery and open up your airways. you'll feel 20 years younger and your cardio will dramaticly improve.

GG-I've thought about that, & when I was 23 I dated a chick that was studying that shit in school. But I can't even imagine trying to go to sleep in a strange place w/50 wires attached to me, knowing that some dude was in a room somewhere breaking me down into datapoints. It would be my own private hell.

I've considered the fact that my nose has been broken for me several times might have something to do with it.

-MountainMedic

Oh yeah, still not dead but getting kind of tired. I have taken melatonin before and not felt any signifigant effects. So SOMETHING is happening......maybe the best sleep of my life .... or my last.

I'm alive.....slept good too. Feel good but I'm starving.

Don't want to turn this into daily updates like the colonic thread, so, the bottle says 21 days to a new you-which would be awesome cause I've been trying to berak up with th old me-I'll let you guys know in 3 weeks.

This WAS a serious thread, looking for anyone that has experiance w/this product or with its ingredients (I didn't spend 10 minutes typing that list for nothing). So if anyone has anything I should know about this stuff, I'd appreciate it-MountainMedic

"I've considered the fact that my nose has been broken for me several times might have something to do with it."

the deviated septum aggravates apnea. if you have the regular apnea surgery, have them fix the deviated septum while they're in there. you're a medical professional, do some research, you have the classic symptoms. world of difference in quality of life and athletic performance.

Gladiator - You're not the first to point that out. Probably gonna have to do it, but the two guys I know who have had it done went through hell and both had to go back for a second round. BUT both say they don't regret it. Atfer my recent injuries I am leary of creating more down time for myself (I was down for 7 months, felt able to return to duty about 7 months ago). At least for right now. My current goals are a little more along the lines of gaining back the 35 pounds I lost when I got busted up. Just can't seem to get it back. -MM

" but the two guys I know who have had it done went through hell and both had to go back for a second round. BUT both say they don't regret it. "

it is a horrificly painful surgery (and i've had many), but totally worth it. you'll wonder how you ever functioned without it all these years. and it's not a joint injury, so you can go back to training immediately.