Adesanya says he mentally broke Costa at UFC 253, doesn't think he can get same confidence back

100% agreed. IMO Costa is done as a top tier fighter. If you just look at the way he handled (or didn’t handle) his loss, it’s pretty concerning. He was hungover, he was injured, it was the travel……he could just never come to terms with the fact that he lost. He could never humble himself.

That, and how many more times can he make that hellacious weight cut to get to 185 before his body starts to not cooperate, and he has to move up to fight guys his own size or bigger that he won’t be able to overwhelm?

Costa is a fun guy to watch, but his shelf life is limited from the looks of things.

1 Like

And Vettori is the type of guy who isn’t going to back down and he’s gonna stay right in front of you and press you for five straight rounds, so he’s the kind of fighter who can break lesser opponents.

1 Like

All good points. Also, considering he had ongoing issues with COVID, who knows if he has a long-term version of it. The card is very meh, but I am super fascinated to see if he can bounce back from the Izzy loss. It’s been 13 friggin months since he last fought. Crazy.

1 Like

Smart move by Izzy. Costa was not broken by Israel og course. But injuries and covid issues might have taken it’s toll. If Costa looks poor all the idiots will parrot shit about Izzy breaking Costa.

I think it didnt do shit for costa, and yzzy is still buthurt

I’d be broken too if some faggot kicked my ass so badly. Lucky this wasn’t in prison

Izzy is butthurt because he destroyed Costa to the point where we didn’t know if he was ever gonna fight again?

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe Izzy isn’t butt hurt over Costa, although he would like to be

2 Likes

I’d rank this dry hump bellow Peles head hump

I think it’s vice verse… Costa is his bitch.

Izzy has no class as usual ha ha. Costa was undefeated and took this ONE loss as bad as anyone we can remember not named Rhonda Rousey. In dire contrast, Izzy took his one loss 25x times better.

So yeah, Costa is fragile now mentally I’m sure. Just having that first loss can do that. And his ego seems built on being #1 or nothing. Hopefully he gets in a groove early and we see a great fight.

I never saw this so maybe you or somebody else knows but… didn’t he lose on TUF? Did he react the same way? Technically Izzy wasn’t his first loss. Maybe it was the first time he got embarrassed. I never saw that TUF fight or his reaction to it, I’m also not a fighter so maybe getting embarrassed like that was just too much for him.

Almost in perfect timing to support my post, Costa is at 211lbs right now and probably won’t even make a catch weight for this weekend.

The guy is done.

1 Like

I didn’t know that.

Anyhow, he seems to have mentally checked out. Weird,

1 Like

Yeah I know he lost but never saw it. I’m gonna check that fight out this weekend.