AFBJJ

Tell me about them... Looking to start competing in comps this year. Any pointers, thoughts, whathaveyou's Phone Post

Are you asking about the AFBJJ organisation itself? Or info on the different comps it runs (e.g. Australian Cup, Vics, Pan Pacs, etc...)?

One bit of advice; it's never to soon to start competing. I did my first comp after 3 months training. It's amzing the change you notice in your bjj game after your first comp. Good luck!

Gibstar - Are you asking about the AFBJJ organisation itself? Or info on the different comps it runs (e.g. Australian Cup, Vics, Pan Pacs, etc...)?

One bit of advice; it's never to soon to start competing. I did my first comp after 3 months training. It's amzing the change you notice in your bjj game after your first comp. Good luck!

Yeah I've signed up and first comp is in April.
Well I've read on the UG about corruption/stupidity/bias etc in the IFBJJ. Just was curious as to if it was the same here? What are comps like? Tips or tricks? Phone Post

Learn Portuguese Phone Post

Tatami Strangler - Learn Portuguese Phone Post

For real? Phone Post

Don't bother learning the rules... They don't apply

And learn PORTUGESE Phone Post

DIMA - Don't bother learning the rules... They don't apply

And learn PORTUGESE Phone Post

Are there a few "oversights"? So to speak? Phone Post

NeilDiamond - If you want to compete the dodgy stuff will happen, just get on with it is my advice. The cost puts me off, the pan pacs were $150! Plus the reg fee. Good luck, let us know how you get on, this forum is far too quiet! Phone Post

Yeah gotta keep on keeping on. Other sport has taught me that.
Yeah will do. We have a few from the gym heading to the State Championships so I'm keen :) gotta drop a kilo or two before then though Phone Post

NeilDiamond -
simpsonaye -
NeilDiamond - If you want to compete the dodgy stuff will happen, just get on with it is my advice. The cost puts me off, the pan pacs were $150! Plus the reg fee. Good luck, let us know how you get on, this forum is far too quiet! Phone Post

Yeah gotta keep on keeping on. Other sport has taught me that.
Yeah will do. We have a few from the gym heading to the State Championships so I'm keen :) gotta drop a kilo or two before then though Phone Post

What weight are you at? Phone Post

101.4kg Phone Post

Jo'donnell-Davies -
simpsonaye - Tell me about them... Looking to start competing in comps this year. Any pointers, thoughts, whathaveyou's Phone Post
How did you do in the comps? Phone Post 3.0
Two thirds. Wasn't overly happy. Hoping to do much better next time Phone Post 3.0