AFC #8 May 1st Lineup

Absolute Fighting Championships #8
War Memorial Coliseum, Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Saturday, May 1st, 2004

BEST PRICE ON TICKETS ANYWHERE:
GOLD CIRCLE: $35.00 / RINGSIDE: $25.00 - $35.00 / GENERAL ADMISSION: $15.00

Tickets available at www.ticketmaster.com. Enter 'ABSOLUTE' for the event!

'We are back in Ft Lauderdale on May 1st with the AFC #8.' states matchmaker Miguel Iturrate. 'We are excited about the whole card, the AFC#8 has a good mix of local and international talent.'

'Two matches in particular highlight this.' continues the matchmaker. 'Pedro Brandao and Marcos Avellan are two grapplers with huge reputations, especially in Florida. Others have tried to make this match happen in MMA before, and they are 1-1 in grappling matches against each other. This match has some genuine heat to it, and it has the potential to steal the show.'

'With our 205 lb title vacant as Champion Hirotaka Yokoi opted for the PRIDE GP and retired our belt, since he would be unable to defend his title in May against #1 contender Antony Rea of France. His opponent will be Jason Macdonald, someone we scouted a bit, and someone who maybe a 'secret weapon' type guy. I feel like this match features 2 UFC level fighters and they are both very hungry. With the 205 lb blet on the line, look for fireworks.'

The complete card appears below.

COMPLETE LINEUP (Subject To Change):
2 RDs / 185 LBS: Todd Cutler (Freelance, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Alex Keaton (Freeelance, Miami, FL)

2 RDs / 155 LBS: Brian Medlin (Strasser's Academy, Kenosha, WI) v. Scott Johnson (Freelance, Ft Lauderdale, FL)

2 RDs / 170 LBS: Joel Blanton (Animal House, Kokomo, IN) v. TBD

2 RDs / 135 LBS: Buck Bisbey (Pearson Systems, Seattle, WA) v. Pablo Guerrero (Freelance, Natal, Brazil)

2 RDs / 155 LBS: Raphael Dias (ATT, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Brian Geraghty (Strasser's Academy, Kenosha, WI)

2 RDs / 145 LBS: Renato Tavares (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. David Love (Animal House, Kokomo, IN)

2 RDs / 155 LBS: Jorge Masvidal (Freestyle Fighting Academy, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Justin Wisniewski (Duneland Vale Tudo, Portage, IN)

2 RDs / 185 LBS: Marcel Ferreira (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Nick Thompson (Strasser's Academy, Kenosha, WI)

2 RDs / 155 LBS: Pedro Brandao (Freelance, Miami, FL) v. Marcos Avellan (Freestyle Fighting Academy, Ft Lauderdale, FL)

3 RDs / 185 LBS: Edson Diniz (American TOP TEAM, Ft Lauderdale, FL) v. Darrell Smith (Animal House, Kokomo, IN)

3 RDS of 5 Minutes / 205 LB Vacant Title:
Antony Rea (Freelance, Toulouse, France) v. Jason Macdonald (MFC Team, Redknife, Canada)

Looking forward to hear about how Todd Cutler does! He could eb a sleeper, as his MMA recurd is small, but he was lots of skills standing & grappling!

ttt

afc has to be one the best shows out there right now.they always have great line ups..oh ttt for marcos and jorge..go ffa!!

Looks like another great card for the AFC!!!

Main event looks great, nice to see MacDonald get the call. He has torn up the Canadian LHW division.

ttt

I'm pretty sure Brandao is Gracie Barra, TN and not Freelance, Miami

3t

HEY MIGUELI,
MY ACADEMY IS GRACIE BARRA TENNESSEE, AND I'M NOT A FREELANCE.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS FIGHT AGAINST MARCOS, CAUSE I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!

PEDRO BRANDAO "GRACIE BARRA FAMILY"

ttt

Pedro - Sorry man! I will fix that when I get home.

ttt for both Pedro & Marcos

miguel is a tool. get your info right dude!

I think a special grudge match between Carlao and Miguel is long overdue. :)

I would tool Miguel so bad his wife will feel the pain!

WOW, Pedro vs. Marcos. That will be a barn burner.

I will gladly let Carlao choke me out, if I get my rematch in a drinking contest.

Then with Carlao passed out, we will get pictures of him unconscious with everybody's dicks (especially mine, it will be the LONG one) resting on his nose.

Also, since I AM undefeated, my matche swill be $50,000.

Great card Miguel. When AFC 9?

Todd

Hey Miguel, please put Rafael Dias as BTT/ATT cus
although he is my student, he trains there at BTT.
Thanks a lot. TTT for a great show!!

Great card! Looking forward to MacDonald getting the opportunity to show his stuff.