Affliction III - August 1st, Fedor vs. Barnett!

sweet

I'm gonna throw down $100 on Barnett. Not because I want Fedor to lose, but because I want some consolation if he does.

wow...I cannot wait until august, Musasi vs. vitor is an awesome co-main event as well, hope this isn't the last affliction show.

Thank god! This third show has been quite the rollercoaster.

Fedor via Boston Crab

ttt

TTMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW, LOL AT ZUFFA UFC)

awesome...

Fedor\Barnett is a heavyweight dream bout that alot of us have been wanting to see ever since Barnett finally came to Pride.

I have to admit I'm very excited about this match up and I ALWAYS thought that Barnett had a chance of controlling the action on the ground (from top) to get an americana or kimura.

With that said

Fedor round 1 tko

im sorry but i still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor lol.

p.s : not a troll

ttt for two of the best.

Ew0k187 - im sorry but i still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor lol.

Because it has been the most long-awaited and highly anticipated dream matchup left in the HW division - and where Barnett is also the only perennial top HW left that Fedor has not already faced and beaten.

And it also just happens to be the universally ranked #1 HW in the world, the true HW Champion of MMA, defending against a consensus top-5 HW - which in itself should already be enough. But in addition, Fedor and Barnett are also the only two long-term-established top HW's left who haven't lost or declined recently.

The only other potential challenger for Fedor who would even be close to Barnett in terms of significance or worthiness would be the winner of Brock-Mir.

But as of now, Fedor-Barnett has had more build-up and established credentials behind it than any other matchup left in the HW division. It's been a dream fight for a few years now that is finally coming true - while both still appear to be at the peaks of their power.

So if you "still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor" - what more do you want? I don't see why anyone - or at least, anyone who is a fan of MMA - would NOT be "so excited for barnett vs fedor."

Best HW match up in years. Barnett would piss on Mir and Lesnars face imo.

whistleblower - 
Ew0k187 - im sorry but i still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor lol.

Because it has been the most long-awaited and highly anticipated dream matchup left in the HW division - and where Barnett is also the only perennial top HW left that Fedor has not already faced and beaten.

And it also just happens to be the universally ranked #1 HW in the world, the true HW Champion of MMA, defending against a consensus top-5 HW - which in itself should already be enough. But in addition, Fedor and Barnett are also the only two long-term-established top HW's left who haven't lost or declined recently.

The only other potential challenger for Fedor who would even be close to Barnett in terms of significance or worthiness would be the winner of Brock-Mir.

But as of now, Fedor-Barnett has had more build-up and established credentials behind it than any other matchup left in the HW division. It's been a dream fight for a few years now that is finally coming true - while both still appear to be at the peaks of their power.

So if you "still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor" - what more do you want? I don't see why anyone - or at least, anyone who is a fan of MMA - would NOT be "so excited for barnett vs fedor."

all i see is one big fatass opinion in regards to my previous statement, my good sir.

personally i dont think its the most long awaited and highly anticipated dream matchup in the HW division..but like you said..its what was LEFT.

just because this fight is whats left of the HW division doesnt make it exciting imo.

i wouldnt really call barnett a top 5, top 10 fer sure.

sure they havent lost or declined recently..oh wait did you see barnetts last fight. ZZzZzZzZzzzzZZzz. his most impressive victory IMO was over pedro rizzo. sure it wasnt that long ago, about a year, but with the followup of his last fight..just wow man.

this is (IMO) anderson silva vs. patrick cote all over again.

jongkiman - 
Ew0k187 -
whistleblower -

all i see is one big fatass opinion in regards to my previous statement, my good sir.

personally i dont think its the most long awaited and highly anticipated dream matchup in the HW division..but like you said..its what was LEFT.

just because this fight is whats left of the HW division doesnt make it exciting imo.

i wouldnt really call barnett a top 5, top 10 fer sure.

sure they havent lost or declined recently..oh wait did you see barnetts last fight. ZZzZzZzZzzzzZZzz. his most impressive victory IMO was over pedro rizzo. sure it wasnt that long ago, about a year, but with the followup of his last fight..just wow man.

this is (IMO) anderson silva vs. patrick cote all over again.

So your top 5 HW'sare Brock,Mir,Kongo,Couture and Dana White?..anyways Mir and Lesnar are Way Overrated and Overhype that Barnett will win if he'll the 2, Barnett is the clear top 2 HW in the world, beating an Old Couture and a Staph Infected Old Nog wont make you a top fighter...Patrick Cote vs Anderson? Do you really want to see a Dance and Track and Field Contest?

ya no need to fight nog he already lost to him. fedor crunched nogueria each 3 times he fought him. beat cro cop. cro cop crunched barnett 3 times. sheesh.

i know these are just match ups but there is no way barnett can match up to fedor. your delusional if u think otherwise (imo)

my top 5 heavyweights could be dana white, dana white, dana white, dana white, and dana white. IT WOULDNT MATTER. its just a shitty matchup. im not saying there are any better matchups at the moment, im just saying ITS A SHITTY MATCHUP.

tell me how u expect barnett to put up a fight in any aspect of mma against fedor, please humor me. we'll see come fight day. im bookmarking shit NAGGER. im already typing i told you so. already typing it

jongkiman - 
Ew0k187 - im sorry but i still dont see why people are so excited for barnett vs fedor lol.

p.s : not a troll

Watch TUF instead

get your ass back under your bridge troll

Ew0k187 - this is (IMO) anderson silva vs. patrick cote all over again.

Okay, I should have known you were just a troll when you specifically had to say you were "not a troll." (Either that, or you're just another hopeless TUF noob.)

The mediocrity of Silva-Cote can't even be mentioned in the same breath with the eliteness of Fedor-Barnett. One is the dominant perennial #1 vs. a perennial top-10 opponent (who is, regardless of your own personal opinion, currently a consensus top-5 ranked HW) - the other was the dominant #1 vs. a fringe contender who wasn't even arguably top-10, had never beaten anyone who was even arguably top-10, and was only a so-called "#1 contender" purely by default.

And yes, Fedor-Barnett is the most established top HW matchup left, since Fedor just destroyed Sylvia and Arlovski, and Randy just lost to Brock and may now be past his peak.

When Fedor became a free agent after the collapse of Pride, there were 4 new matchups for him against established, perennial top HW's that everyone wanted to see - Barnett from Pride, and Randy, Sylvia, and Arlovski from the UFC. Those matchups were without question a cut above everything else. (Brock and Mir weren't even considered top-10 until their last fight.)

And so now, Barnett is the only long-term top HW left who is still at his peak that Fedor has not faced and beaten yet.

Please name anyone else, other than the winner of Brock-Mir, who would even arguably be a more worthy and well-established contender for Fedor than Barnett.

Well I guess even you admit you can't, since:
Ew0k187 - im not saying there are any better matchups at the moment

Okay then - so you would rather Fedor just not fight at all then, instead of fighting the best contender there is right now?

i hope they set up that yvel/sylvia fight for the card.

whistleblower - 
Ew0k187 - this is (IMO) anderson silva vs. patrick cote all over again.

Okay, I should have known you were just a troll when you specifically had to say you were "not a troll." (Either that, or you're just another hopeless TUF noob.)

The mediocrity of Silva-Cote can't even be mentioned in the same breath with the eliteness of Fedor-Barnett. One is the dominant perennial #1 vs. a perennial top-10 opponent (who is, regardless of your own personal opinion, currently a consensus top-5 ranked HW) - the other was the dominant #1 vs. a fringe contender who wasn't even arguably top-10, had never beaten anyone who was even arguably top-10, and was only a so-called "#1 contender" purely by default.

And yes, Fedor-Barnett is the most established top HW matchup left, since Fedor just destroyed Sylvia and Arlovski, and Randy just lost to Brock and may now be past his peak.

When Fedor became a free agent after the collapse of Pride, there were 4 new matchups for him against established, perennial top HW's that everyone wanted to see - Barnett from Pride, and Randy, Sylvia, and Arlovski from the UFC. Those matchups were without question a cut above everything else. (Brock and Mir weren't even considered top-10 until their last fight.)

And so now, Barnett is the only long-term top HW left who is still at his peak that Fedor has not faced and beaten yet.

Please name anyone else, other than the winner of Brock-Mir, who would even arguably be a more worthy and well-established contender for Fedor than Barnett.

Well I guess even you admit you can't, since:
Ew0k187 - im not saying there are any better matchups at the moment

Okay then - so you would rather Fedor just not fight at all then, instead of fighting the best contender there is right now?

appreciate the legit reply

i agree with most of the stuff you just said

and you know what, i would rather have fedor fight barnett than not have him fight at all.

all im sayin is in my eyes, barnett vs. fedor is a weak match up.

and yes, i do work for zuffa