Aikido vs BJJ Black belt

The video is no longer available. Too bad, because Raspado would have probably loved it.

What do you mean?  It's still there...  Did I miss something?

Yeah, it's still there...but I think the student attacked the Aikido guy "wrong" on some attempts...he can learn how to be a proper Uke here.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE

BTW - John thanks again for the invite Sun. good rolling with you...Dave O

TacFighter - BTW - John thanks again for the invite Sun. good rolling with you...Dave O

No problem, man.  We'll do it again!

It's working for me now. Crazy.

Cool video. Raspado is a BB in Aikido as well. He can analyze this video for us.

Youtube blocked at work-but I'm pretty sure it's crap.  The only thing I've taken with my from 15 years of aikido was an understanding of balance and movement, decent throwing (being WAY improved by Judo), a good sense of peripheral awareness, (something seriously lacking in most bjj people- you can tell when rolling on a crowded mat) and great wrist locks.  That is ALL I ever use of my Aikido in bjj.

It appears to be a classic Aikido demo. I think this thread title was meant to try and get some BJJ guys going. It is what it is…

TacFighter - It appears to be a classic Aikido demo. I think this thread title was meant to try and get some BJJ guys going. It is what it is...

LMAO dont u think if i were trying to promote aikido i would have used a better vid. Its obviously a joke based on how the aikido dummy is dressed like a bjj guy

TTS, Hence my first responce with the Jim Carey video....I did think it was a joke...

TacFighter - TTS, Hence my first responce with the Jim Carey video....I did think it was a joke...

o sorry i ddint realize u commented more thne once.

BWAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH!  I never told you guys, but the skirt is magical!

i love the little hop at the :37 second mark

I used to see that kind of shit all the time.  The hop has no effect.  He's probably just copying his instructors movements.  Most aikido just blows.  I did enjoy studying under Larry Renyosa though.  www.makotodojo.com

He was a student of Steven Seagal, then broke away.  Very aggressive style of aikido, but unfortunately like most people in aikido- thought his art was the end all be all.

Truthfully really good aikido is just standup jiu-jitsu

I still have to see it occasionally and BML to keep the peace. Trying to look at the glass "half full" I will admit that the choreographed routines in Aikido must take some time to perfect. I think a good Aikido student may do very well on that TV show – So you think you can dance?